THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nesbitt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 am 

Not sure why he hasn't been getting much game time under DM, but we definitely improved once he came on and we showed a bit more energy and desire. Surely he'll be starting on Wednesday?

Would be good to see the following -

Nicholls

Pawlett
Willams
Ward
Lewington
Tymon

McGrandles
Upson

Nesbitt
Aneke

Ugbo

Post subject: Re: Nesbitt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am 

:? I saw him give possession away about half a dozen times in the fifteen minutes or so he was on the pitch. I’ll admit he’s rarely been as bad for us as he was on Saturday, but it was proof positive why he’s not been starting. Also, I’d add that that energy isn’t anything like as effective against fresh at 3pm on a Saturday as it is at 4:30 in the afternoon.

A decent prospect but I think he’s still got a way to go before he can be relied upon to start games regularly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 am 

Camdenite wrote:
:? I saw him give possession away about half a dozen times in the fifteen minutes or so he was on the pitch. I’ll admit he’s rarely been as bad for us as he was on Saturday, but it was proof positive why he’s not been starting. Also, I’d add that that energy isn’t anything like as effective against fresh at 3pm on a Saturday as it is at 4:30 in the afternoon.

A decent prospect but I think he’s still got a way to go before he can be relied upon to start games regularly.

I agree and he did give the ball away a few times which could have been down to lack of game time. I just felt that with his pace and ability to attack defenders, he gave us something we were missing. He's on got a goal in him as well, which is rare for us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am 

Camdenite wrote:

Good job his song is about never giving the ball away :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am 

4-4-2:

Nicholls

Williams
Ward
Lewington
Tymon

Tavernier
Upson
McGrandles
Nesbitt

Aneke
Ugbo

This is what I would like to see...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 pm 

I like Nesbitt, he managed to nick the ball from one of them when I suspect many other players would not be able to, which is exactly the sort of thing he can do. It seemed like he was flying around for a bit and I thought we would get at least equal, then the whole attack just seemed to fade. He is very quick but as RN I think said, he does need to be able to cope with the physicality of the game. Other than Chuks we do seem to struggle with big defenders overpowering us - Agard every time, Nesbitt unless he can whizz past them. We need Chuks and another one of him for when he's injured basically.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:01 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
4-4-2:

Nicholls

Williams
Ward
Lewington
Tymon

Tavernier
Upson
McGrandles
Nesbitt

Aneke
Ugbo

This is what I would like to see...

Change Nesbitt for Pawlett and I ageee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 pm 

Nesbitt not on the pitch, 2-0 down and creating nothing, Nesbitt comes on and we immediately look a different side and score a rare goal within minutes, we then continue to press and attack and could’ve scored a second. More substitutions and Nesbitt moves more to a central position. Doesn’t have the same effect there but had Nicholls had spotted him on at least two occasions we would’ve had two very quick counterattack moves. Should Nesbitt play? Definitely. Regarding the misplaced passes well I would like to know who didn’t make any misplaced passes, Upton again made more than his fair share.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm 

Wish we had a team of Nesbitt's, i.e.

1. Nesbitt
2. Nesbitt
3. You know the rest FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:41 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Nesbitt not on the pitch, 2-0 down and creating nothing, Nesbitt comes on and we immediately look a different side and score a rare goal within minutes, we then continue to press and attack and could’ve scored a second. More substitutions and Nesbitt moves more to a central position. Doesn’t have the same effect there but had Nicholls had spotted him on at least two occasions we would’ve had two very quick counterattack moves. Should Nesbitt play? Definitely. Regarding the misplaced passes well I would like to know who didn’t make any misplaced passes, Upton again made more than his fair share.

Continued to press and attack, for about 5 minutes and then Charlton shut the game down. Easily.