THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm 

I'd feel very relaxed and under no pressure whatsoever to take decisive action.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:35 pm 

Resign.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm 
Play more of the fringe players. The first choice lot can't even get a point so nothing to lose with playing some of the fringe players that may be hungrier for game time and try a bit harder. Also if we go down, some of them will be more prominent next season I expect, so it gives them game time.

The likes of Rasulo, Tilney, Furlong, Sietsma, Kasumu, Asonganyi (if he's fit) etc starting games or at least getting 20-30 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:16 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Play more of the fringe players. The first choice lot can't even get a point so nothing to lose with playing some of the fringe players that may be hungrier for game time and try a bit harder. Also if we go down, some of them will be more prominent next season I expect, so it gives them game time.

The likes of Rasulo, Tilney, Furlong, Sietsma, Kasumu, Asonganyi (if he's fit) etc starting games or at least getting 20-30 minutes.

Nicholls had a complete mare on Saturday so would normally be benched but I've watched Sietsma let the ball go through his legs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 pm 

Start looking at potential targets for League 2.

Oh and polishing up the sales techniques to get rid of some of Neilson's signings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I was just thinking about this when reading you're other post on the Noumbe / Nombe thread.
Ironically, it was the ones that you didn't list - Nombe, Thomas-Asante, and maybe Jackson and Rasulo - that I was thinking I'd like to see getting the game time.
I'm not bothered about Furlong, or convinced by Tilney, and I think we could keep Nicholls even if we go down so I still want him selected ahead of Sietsma; and I think a relegation battle is maybe the wrong time to throw in academy players like Kasumu and Asonganyi (but next year, especially if we're in league two, I'd like them integrated into the squad).
I know Dan's called Tilney back, and includes a lot of youngsters on the bench, but I'm a little surprised they haven't got more time on the pitch and that Nombe got loaned out with us so short of goals and struggling with injuries.
Must add the disclaimer: That's not a criticism of Dan, just an observation (please don't 101 me, I love it here). :D

I didn't mention Nombe or Logan as they're on loan (but would have included them). Jackson is apparently off in the summer. Forgot to mention BTA, I'd play him too.

I just don't think we have anything to lose. No points in 5 games, the kids can literally do no worse, but I expect would be ultra-keen compared to some of the seasoned pros and especially the loanees who have no repercussions if we get relegated.

Especially players like Tilney and Rasulo, they have a lot to prove and could make a considerable impact.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

Rasulo has had his chance for me. A complete luxury player, I don't understand how he keeps getting deals.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:44 pm 
Towcestrian wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Rasulo has had his chance for me. A complete luxury player, I don't understand how he keeps getting deals.

Yep I've always said I don't rate him and no idea how he is still with us. Should have been released last season. But with nothing to lose, if he wants to stay, he has one final chance to impress. I'll be gobsmacked if he is still here next season, for his own sake he needs to move.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Yep I've always said I don't rate him and no idea how he is still with us. Should have been released last season. But with nothing to lose, if he wants to stay, he has one final chance to impress. I'll be gobsmacked if he is still here next season, for his own sake he needs to move.

I agree with all of that, but I just wonder if we do go down, and play Danball in league two, I really can't see us spending much on a Reeves/Chadwick/Carruthers type player, so maybe next season would be the type of season that Rasulo could play more of an first team role. I agree he should have been released by now, but if we've been giving a luxury player new deals in league one, then if we got relegated maybe he should get another year contract as, if he ever is going to contribute to the team, next year in league two under Dan would be the time.

Yeah, maybe this. He can't be on a lot of wages, hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:05 pm 

...overdose on Bovril.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next