THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am 
He was asked after the Portsmouth game about making changes dependent on the opposition, and explained that it was all about making changes to accommodate the players that he had available.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 am 

Camdenite wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:

If he picks the best team and it works no one will complain, if he chooses to pander to egos or the fans and it works no one will complain however if whatever he does fails (as it is) everyone will moan regardless of who is in the team so really he just needs to make his bed and lie in it. My main focus of the original post though is to be strong make a decision and see it through rather than chopping and changing as if there is some magic formula to chance upon.

I’m pretty sure most of the changes DM has made match to match have been forced by injury and suspension rather than following the Neilson plan of “we’ll be flexible enough to change every game” which, as we saw, led us into a disjointed mess. DM defintely does seem to have a coherent way of playing in comparison.

Not sure that is right Agard, Cisse, Upson, McGrandles have all been in and out without being injured (I think) and how do you explain the EEL appearances which seemed very random

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Peterr wrote:
I agree with what you say, but when you say play 4 at the back and only the best, would Lewie sulk again then the fans get on DM back? Tymon is better than Lewie. That was a massive factor for RN in the fans turning on him, I know we are fighting for our lives but if DM didn't play Lewie he wouldnt stand a chance with the fans

If he picks the best team and it works no one will complain, if he chooses to pander to egos or the fans and it works no one will complain however if whatever he does fails (as it is) everyone will moan regardless of who is in the team so really he just needs to make his bed and lie in it. My main focus of the original post though is to be strong make a decision and see it through rather than chopping and changing as if there is some magic formula to chance upon.

Fair point!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:

I’m pretty sure most of the changes DM has made match to match have been forced by injury and suspension rather than following the Neilson plan of “we’ll be flexible enough to change every game” which, as we saw, led us into a disjointed mess. DM defintely does seem to have a coherent way of playing in comparison.

Not sure that is right Agard, Cisse, Upson, McGrandles have all been in and out without being injured (I think) and how do you explain the EEL appearances which seemed very random

I agree that he should stick with the same line up as much as possible however he has been a victim of injuries and in Anekes case a sending off which is why Agard has been in and out, Upson I think was suspended for one game and what Cisse is doing anywhere on the pitch (maybe Centre half) is beyond me.

As regards EEL he was suspended yesterday and for Rochdale and when he was brought on last week I guess it was to try and be more defensive to preserve the winning position. Not sure there was a midfield player on the bench at that time either. trouble it we conceded 2 very poor goals then and again yesterday.

It is possible to get out of this mess its a big ask but perhaps continuity if we can find the right mix of players may be enough but I think we are doomed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:32 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Allypally wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Allypally wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Don't feel sorry for Tavernier.....hes clearly injured.

I agree with the initial point, Taverner though. I understand he is injured , how though? When? He's not played any football. How are all these players picking up injuries in training and disappear without explanation It's not good enough from club or player. If they don't want to play . Sod off

Do you actually go to any games, Tavernier has played.
Northampton 90 mins
Coventry 90 mins
Walsall 81 mins (Went off injured)
Oldham 30 mins (Came on as 2nd half sub)

You don't need to attend games to see that Mr Keyboard Rambo .
Sooo where. Has . He . Gonnnneeee ???
When did he get injured , why , as you have brilliantly googled he's not played a great deal . Same with a few of them. All these Niggles and slight strains.
Hey loo, k he may have snapped his leg in four places . But when . how . where . You can't just dissapear

Hang on.....you said he hadn’t played.....remember that.....not played a great deal you say......missed two games, through injury.....I would venture he’s been there more than you.
Hey but why let facts get in the way of a good argument.
Anyway for your info, he’s out because of a problem after going off injured against Walsall, and it flaring up again against Oldham.

Don't tell me, didn't want to agrivate it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm 

We do seem to pick up an awful lot of training injuries. Really doesn't help.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm 

John N wrote:

They keep slipping on the dog turds.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:04 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
John N wrote:

Lol!

I just wonder sometimes whether players are over trained, though. Like a violin string that's over tightened and suddenly snaps.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm 

John N wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
John N wrote:

Lol!

I just wonder sometimes whether players are over trained, though. Like a violin string that's over tightened and suddenly snaps.

They're too soft John , Too many niggles and slight strains for me. Don't fancy it more like

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 pm 

Hmm maybe.

Players used to be able to play match after match without squad rotation or getting niggly injuries in the 'good old days'. And I remember when they nearly all smoked too!