THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 am 

The APL Prediction League ResultsCharlton Athletic
Its been a real job lately to think of anything much to say, or anything much different, the football, or rather the general lack of it doesn’t seem to alter much from one game to the next. I can’t say that we have been hopelessly out classed recently, the opposition is little better than us, and all bar a few good hidings earlier in the season, we generally lose by the odd goal, and on most occasions its only needed one goal to send us further down the table.

The general phrase seems to be “I just can’t see how we are going to score”, and I can’t argue with that, as we don’t produce that much in terms of clear chances, and when we do get a chance they are usually dealt with comfortably.

Many will point at the fact that we have been pretty poor in the goal scoring department and have been for two or three years now, and I find it baffling how this club has tried to function for so long with the likes of Revell, Gallagher, Maynard, Church, Sow, Muirhead etc, each sold to us the fans by the Dons media team as “highly regarded”, a much used phrase in the Dons vocabulary, and joins “bounce back”, “winning ways” and “The men from MK 1” in the Dons Top Ten of overused phrases.

I also find it strange that Dan said he is happy with our strikers and we didn’t need to sign anyone on in the transfer window, but I fear that is just the usual bluster from MK, more likely Winkie told him he was not paying for more strikers, when in truth it should be the first thing on the shopping list every season, that is if we cant produce our own little gem from the academy. But fear not as we are possibly only a few months away from seeing just that, as the likes of Asonganyi and Thomas-Asante will lead the line if we get relegated.

On that subject, I wonder how many of these players will be gone if the worst happens, does anyone care...............................we aren’t privy to the contract terms of the players, some may have relegation clauses, some may request transfers, a club or two may come sniffing, and of course Winkie wont stand in anyone’s way, especially if there is a nice fat cheque on the end of it.

Of course, we are not relegated yet, but with so little apparent fight on the pitch it’s a job to think of any other possible scenario, and in honesty there almost seems an acceptance amongst all concerned.

I’m sure we all have our scapegoats, and in truth we have plenty to choose from, personally I think the club has been poorly managed, missed opportunities, lack of investment in the team, repeatedly making the same type of mistakes, poor choices etc., and as a result the club has doubtlessly lost plenty of money, and if we do go down we will lose more, long gone will be those bumper away crowds, and I would imagine certain areas of the ground will be closed to reduce costs, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg, I just wonder if we did a rewind to the Championship season, would they do it any different this time round.

Anyway, on the plus side I have a few League 2 teams to tick off my list of visited grounds so its not all bad this relegation business.

Looking at the APL this week, just short of 40 predictions for this game, one of which (Silverous) was well outside the time limit so has had to be refused.

A huge 28 predictors got amongst the points, mainly because Agard got the goal, but I’ve also noticed more and more people predicting the Don’s will lose. Looking at the breakdown 12 people predicted Agard and get 10 points. just two, Dazzerdon and Southstander coupled that with a 2-1 defeat and get the maximum 15 points plus a mention in the APL Hall Of Fame.

6 people got the correct score/result, but not the scorer and get 5 points each, the remainder predicted a Dons defeat with the wrong score and wrong goal scorer and get 2 points each.

Scribble goes back to the top of the table, but there is still a long way to go, plus game number 40 is the final DOUBLE BUBBLE GAME.

There were 174 points scored in this game.

Thanks for playing, the Rochdale thread will be out shortly for Wednesday nights game, swiftly followed by the long trip to Fleetwood on Saturday.

Much Love

8-) WellDon

THE APL HALL OF FAME
3 – MK59DON, Southstander
2 – Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble, Dazzerdon
1 – BertieWoostersDonsClub, mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, Greg, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Oldfarmdons, Fraser, FilthyDon

APL LEAGUE TABLE 2017/18
117 POINTS - Scribble
112 POINTS – SG19 Cowshed das Boot, Southstander
102 POINTS – Camdenite
101 POINTS – Sparky
100 POINTS - FilthyDon
94 POINTS – Nobbydon
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon
81 POINTS – BertieWoostersDonsClub
77 POINTS – Bloxham Don
74 POINTS - Bill
72 POINTS – Greg