THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

The 1st half today (against Charlton) was one of the three worst 45-minute sessions of football I have ever seen at stadiummk in the last 10 years. No plan, no fight, no strategy, no nothing.

Yes things improved a bit in the 2nd half. But we are bound for League 2, and – I fear – for the Conference after that,

Mr Micciche was the wrong choice as manager after RN departed … how can you appoint a manager in a survival situation who, while having a brilliant reputation as a coach of teenage development squads, knows nothing about a relegation scrap in League 1?

To stay up, we now need at least 18 points from 14 games. The post-match interview with Mr Micciche on 3CR was laughable – “we have a grid and a plan for getting the required points” – we have just let 4 league games go by without a point, so where in the real world are these 18 points coming from? Two goals in 450 minutes of football under his leadership? Played 5 Lost 5? We deserve to go down.

But it isn't just DM. As the 3CR commentary said, this all goes back to the Championship season where the club as a whole had its head in the sand and no strategy to stay up and, having been relegated, we are now on the sad downward spiral of 2 relegations in 3 years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 pm 

We had worse first halfs under RN. Short memories with some people at least we had some attempts on goal there were times under RN when I thought we were not going to get anywhere near scoring.

To answer the question wrong manager in RN tactically naive, poor recruitment shit man management and know someone with little manager experience has had to come in and try and pick up the pieces.

Plus I have never know us have so many injuries long and short term. Sow was he a waste of money. So many things have gone wrong over the last 2 years it isn't going to be turned around in a few games

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 pm 

Conference bound. :lol: