THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Redbull
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:02 pm 

Steps back, sits on comfy seat, starts eating popcorn...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm 

Should it not be sit down or we'll relegate your club (after stealing it obviously, it won't be by winning).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm 

Personally i would prefer the Dons to stay, i suppose if we were ever taken over by a Redbull type corporation, then that might change, the thing that bothers me most is the club crest, its just awful and outdated, i would like to see that upgraded asap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:24 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Think I would rather sink than be called Red Bull MK

Better than MK fucking Dons. I hate the fact we took the Dons name. Didn't even keep the fucking kit colour so why the Dons bit.

Never liked it. I think it just stokes the fires.

You've been on forums for years, and yet this is only coming out now!?!?

I have said it all along. It is the only tenuous link to Wimbledon and why? the Dons part is crap always has been always will be.

It's a contentious issue and we all have our opinions, and they are all informed, long-held opinions so I can't see anyone changing their minds based on any posts here. But, as we are all entitled to voice our opinion I'll just say that I personally don't want us to drop the Dons part of our name at any point. Football is about history as well as the present and future, We are the old Wimbledon FC and I think we should continue to reflect that in our name. I think it's a perfect name as it reflects both the past and present within three words and I don't see why we should be forced to change it.
If I said another reason not to change it would be so as not to give in to AFC, some people would probably argue that we shouldn't take them into consideration and should just move on. But the main reason you give for dropping it is that it "stokes the fire", i.e. we should change our name so as to stop "antagonizing" them. But sod 'em. That's not moving on, that's just giving in to them. As far as I can see, the only reason we would be changing our name would be to suit them. It's our name. We've won trophies and promotions with it. Other teams don't just change their name every 15 years. They respect tradition. So should we. It's a complicated past, but it's still our past.
We should stay as the Dons, and even if we sell to Red Bull or someone else and change our name for that reason, the Dons part should still be included.
COYD, not COYMK.

You really need to stop posting such sensible stuff. Try posting ill-thought out, emotion-fuelled bilge like the rest of us please. Get with the program FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm 

but we are the real dons no way can we ever drop that, we were born from the wreckage of wimbledon it’s our history that cant be changed ever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am 

How about the re-brand including the 'Dons' bit, we could have a silhouette of Marlon Brando as our Badge........

Seriously at a time when we (pretty much) all agree that the club has no money, why would we want the undoubted thousands spent on the branding on the stadium, which we were all desperate for a few seasons ago(not to mention the cost to redesign letter headings, website, produce the new badge, stadium staff stuff), to be wasted? Right now we have far bigger issues within the club and we as fans would be better served supporting the team win/ lose/draw.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 am 

Cue BW tweet on this thread at some point in the next 3 hours.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
How about the re-brand including the 'Dons' bit, we could have a silhouette of Marlon Brando as our Badge........

Seriously at a time when we (pretty much) all agree that the club has no money, why would we want the undoubted thousands spent on the branding on the stadium, which we were all desperate for a few seasons ago(not to mention the cost to redesign letter headings, website, produce the new badge, stadium staff stuff), to be wasted? Right now we have far bigger issues within the club and we as fans would be better served supporting the team win/ lose/draw.

Someone else making a sensible post! Fuck sake, what's going wrong with this forum?!!

Get with the program people!!! Emotionally-incontinent bilge only!!! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:30 am 

pray to your gods they take over soon rb dons is the answer to our prayers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 am 

MK Jack wrote:
pray to your gods they take over soon rb dons is the answer to our prayers

I don't know about you, but I'd never want that. The only way I'd be happy for a Red Bull takeover is if it was some form of subsidiary company that didn't limit our potential to 8th in the Premier League.
Before people moan at me for going on about the PL when we're off to League 2, I understand. But eventually, years and decades down the line when we do find ourselves settling and going up the leagues, why would we want an owner that automatically stops us from achieving European Football?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next