THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Redbull
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Think I would rather sink than be called Red Bull MK

Better than MK fucking Dons. I hate the fact we took the Dons name. Didn't even keep the fucking kit colour so why the Dons bit.

Never liked it. I think it just stokes the fires.

Never actually realised that was our full name. You're right, that does stoke the fire.
We should have just stuck to MK Dons.
I like that. But the F*****g bit is a bit inflammatory. We'll petition Pete to drop it. ;)

Haha very funny. my point still stands I hate being call MK Dons. Terrible idea whoever's that was. I was a Wimbledon fan and the ONLY thing that was kept was the Dons part of the name. I am sure just changing in the name to Red Bull MK or RBMK is not that bad in the grand scheme of destroying a clubs identity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Better than MK fucking Dons. I hate the fact we took the Dons name. Didn't even keep the fucking kit colour so why the Dons bit.

Never actually realised that was our full name. You're right, that does stoke the fire.
I like that. But the F*****g bit is a bit inflammatory. We'll petition Pete to drop it. ;)

Haha very funny. my point still stands I hate being call MK Dons. Terrible idea whoever's that was. I was a Wimbledon fan and the ONLY thing that was kept was the Dons part of the name. I am sure just changing in the name to Red Bull MK or RBMK is not that bad in the grand scheme of destroying a clubs identity.

I don't care what the team's called. If they win with the Red Bull money then they can call us whatever they like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:21 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I don't care what the team's called. If they win with the Red Bull money then they can call us whatever they like.

Not sure Whatever They Like FC is a winner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:27 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Not sure Whatever They Like FC is a winner.

But we might be able to score two goals in a single match.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:05 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Towcestrian wrote:

Milton Keynes' very own Stewart Grand Prix went on to do exceptionally well under Red Bull ownership, winning both F1 titles within 5 years of them taking control.
Whereas under Ford ownership with Jaguar branding, they had underperformed:
1997-1999 Stewart Grand Prix: 1 race win + 3 podiums.
2000-2004 as Jaguar Racing F1 Team: 2 podiums.

2005-2017 as Red Bull Racing: 55 race wins to date + 4 Constructors Championships & 4 Drivers Championships.

For 2018, MK's very own Red Bull Racing will be competing as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing.
The coolest automotive brand in the world, which retains its heritage works within the borough, doesn't think that being Title Partners with Red Bull is a bad thing...
http://redbullracing.redbull.com/car/rb14
http://www.astonmartinworks.com/our-history

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:08 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Russybcool wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I agree.
It's more than a decade since Wimbledon began playing home games in Milton Keynes.
It's time to move on.
Let's change our name to reflect our new home in Milton Keynes - something more positive about Milton Keynes itself, that all local residents and the whole new young generations of fans growing up in the city can really identify with.

With more than 174,000 students enrolled, including a significant proportion of new undergraduates aged under 25, the Open University and its 1,000+ academic & research staff and over 2,500 administrative, operational and support staff based at the 48-hectare university campus at Walton Hall in Milton Keynes, is the largest academic institution in the UK by student number, and also one of the world's largest universities.

Let's change our name to Milton Keynes Dons, and properly honour the excellent tutoring provided by Milton Keynes' own Open University dons, and the first class academic institution we have here on our doorstep... :D

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:32 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

You've been on forums for years, and yet this is only coming out now!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm 
Drop the fucking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:38 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I have said it all along. It is the only tenuous link to Wimbledon and why? the Dons part is crap always has been always will be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 pm 
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I have said it all along. It is the only tenuous link to Wimbledon and why? the Dons part is crap always has been always will be.

I wouldn't have any issue with us dropping the Dons either.

Re-launch during the summer following relegation, drop the Dons, new crest etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next