THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:26 am 

Aren't they the same screens, but just cleaned up and maintained? If so all the club/ Inter MK are doing is looking after an asset which is needed to promote the use of the Stadium for non football events.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
Aren't they the same screens, but just cleaned up and maintained? If so all the club/ Inter MK are doing is looking after an asset which is needed to promote the use of the Stadium for non football events.

They're brand new

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:53 am 

DippyDon wrote:
The amount of people (not just on here) that don't realise this won't come from the playing budget is ridiculous.

This. It's 'the carpark trees' mkII.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am 

The stadium does not belong to MKDons football club. Therefore any expenditure on maintaining or improving it has nothing whatever to do with the club's budgets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm 

donmentor wrote:
The stadium does not belong to MKDons football club. Therefore any expenditure on maintaining or improving it has nothing whatever to do with the club's budgets.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:

This guy gets it.

Indeed he does, but you have to be careful when pointing that out as certain peeps out there believe it’s our Achilles Heel, in that Pete (or another owner) could just turf MKDFC out whenever they wanted. It’s why I make the point whenever the “Pete should just sell up” posts start that it would be the end of the club if the ownership of them and the ground became held by separate entities.

As it stands, we have an arrangement that many have copied over the last few years, and most would if they could structure it. It insulates the FC behind a sound business and gives it time to develop.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm 

Stadium and the Club are in the same Group. If less is spent on the stadium, more can be spent on the club. But you have to maintain the Stadium so you can sell it to non-football organisers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:

This guy gets it.

Indeed he does, but you have to be careful when pointing that out as certain peeps out there believe it’s our Achilles Heel, in that Pete (or another owner) could just turf MKDFC out whenever they wanted. It’s why I make the point whenever the “Pete should just sell up” posts start that it would be the end of the club if the ownership of them and the ground became held by separate entities.

As it stands, we have an arrangement that many have copied over the last few years, and most would if they could structure it. It insulates the FC behind a sound business and gives it time to develop.

Develop.......but also cover/save the arse of, if things don't exactly go to plan. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 am 

The old screens did well considering they were 2nd hand when first installed

Also heard we didn't actually pay for them they were acquired not sure quite what that means but bet it costs a few bob to get installed !!! even if not out of the Team budget !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 am 

The screens are part of a sponsorship deal. The club has not paid for them.