THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Man up
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:36 pm 

So many whingers, whiners and bedwetters on here of late. We are probably going down to league two. So what? If you can't man-up a bit and take it then best you ship-out.
Try Manchester City they'd be right up your street.

Post subject: Re: Man up
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm 

No.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:57 pm 

The players should man up, that would be a good start.

I have my booing warmed up and tested all week ready for Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:14 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
So many whingers, whiners and bedwetters on here of late. We are probably going down to league two. So what? If you can't man-up a bit and take it then best you ship-out.

Stop whining about the whingers you fucking melt. Let people express themselves. Not doing you any harm are they? People aren't happy. I guess its just you that is ecstatic about our current situation FFS.

For the record I don't live anywhere near Manchester so they are not "up my street".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:

I said here the other day that I am starting to come round to the idea that going down to L2 may actually prove to be a good thing - chance for a complete new start etc

However, if we went, it would also seem all the hard work over the past 10 or so years especially will have gone down the pan - and it may take a few years to come back up.

So....I do not want to go down....but I agree that it would not be the end of the world if we did. We could win another trophy at least by winning L2 and then start afresh in L1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

I said here the other day that I am starting to come round to the idea that going down to L2 may actually prove to be a good thing - chance for a complete new start etc

However, if we went, it would also seem all the hard work over the past 10 or so years especially will have gone down the pan - and it may take a few years to come back up.

So....I do not want to go down....but I agree that it would not be the end of the world if we did. We could win another trophy at least by winning L2 and then start afresh in L1.

Too right. We have put ourselves in the perfect position to win three promotions on the bounce.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 pm 

... I still think we undid all the hard work when we got into the Championship. Lack of money is still lack of money whatever the League. The difference if we were in League Two again is that all the developments around the stadium are done so theres no stream of extra cash to build the squad up to 2007/8 standards. That's the worry.

Anyway lets have more of the spirit that kept us up at the NHS - we might stay up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:48 pm 

midfielder wrote:
... I still think we undid all the hard work when we got into the Championship. Lack of money is still lack of money whatever the League. The difference if we were in League Two again is that all the developments around the stadium are done so theres no stream of extra cash to build the squad up to 2007/8 standards. That's the worry.

Anyway lets have more of the spirit that kept us up at the NHS - we might stay up.

But on the flip side, some of those developments are now earning to contribute.

Still think this training ground is likely to have a few business additions so to speak too. If we can get round the politics.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 pm 

The thing I fear about dropping down, is yet another complete overhaul of the squad, we will lose some good players and the heart will be ripped out again.

Just as we are getting used to a new look side it would be all change again, get that wrong and I don’t want to think of the consequences.

And I’m not whinging or whining, just making a point, we all have our own ideas and opinions, I find it tedious when somebody lectures posters who’s ideals don’t agree with theirs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

Stop whining about the whingers you fucking melt. Let people express themselves. Not doing you any harm are they? People aren't happy. I guess its just you that is ecstatic about our current situation FFS.

For the record I don't live anywhere near Manchester so they are not "up my street".

I have a good deal of sympathy with both of the above two points Russy.
And with regard to the first one. I just couldn't resist (not having a go at you mate!)

REG: They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, and not just from us, from our fathers, and from our fathers' fathers.

LORETTA: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.

REG: Yeah.

LORETTA: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.

REG: Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!