THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I was wrong
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

I said I didn’t think we’d go down about 2 months back. Something along the lines of “no chance”.

I’m digging myself out here. I was wrong. I think that was it today. I think we’re done.

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Re: I was wrong
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm 

Alby wrote:
I said I didn’t think we’d go down about 2 months back. Something along the lines of “no chance”.

I’m digging myself out here. I was wrong. I think that was it today. I think we’re done.

I’m usually an optimist but after tonight I think that’s it, 6 points adrift and others around us are picking up points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm 
Alby wrote:

6 points off safety, with 2 games in hand and a slightly better goal difference than a couple around us.

It's still "in our hands", but drop any more points and the odds are stacked against us.

We need to stop kidding ourselves that we are sleepy giant in this league.

People keep saying "we have a decent squad that just aren't performing/we have very good players for this level". I think we need to start accepting that isn't the case. We have one or two good players for this level (Aneke, Gilbey). The rest are bang average or worse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

6 points off safety, with 2 games in hand and a slightly better goal difference than a couple around us.

It's still "in our hands", but drop any more points and the odds are stacked against us.

We need to stop kidding ourselves that we are sleepy giant in this league.

People keep saying "we have a decent squad that just aren't performing/we have very good players for this level". I think we need to start accepting that isn't the case. We have one or two good players for this level (Aneke, Gilbey). The rest are bang average or worse.

Nope we are down, no chance of salvation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm 

As Gers would remind us - it’s only a game.

I have spent just about every Saturday this season getting wound up and pissed off, but at least when August comes we will be on the same points as all the other teams in the league, whatever division that is. And the agony of 2017/18 will be over. I really hope we will still be in League One but more than anything, I want this to be over.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm 

I’ll still be there man, no doubt. Just stating I was wrong. :D

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm 

yep we are as good as down already, the experiment has failed already, looking forward to next seasons battle to stay in the football league

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 pm 

I too will still renew my season ticket, you never know we might possibly win a game or two :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 pm 

I'll be renewing, whatever league we're in. As pissed off as I am atm I can't just stop supporting the team. I didn't really follow football when we we in league two, so I'll have plenty of new grounds to visit and enjoy our inevitable upturn in fortunes, whenever in comes.

And yes I am talking as if we're already relegated, I think it'll take a minor miracle to stay up now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 pm 

Locutus wrote:
I'll be renewing, whatever league we're in. As pissed off as I am atm I can't just stop supporting the team. I didn't really follow football when we we in league two, so I'll have plenty of new grounds to visit and enjoy our inevitable upturn in fortunes, whenever in comes.

And yes I am talking as if we're already relegated, I think it'll take a minor miracle to stay up now.

The second L2 season under Ince was one of the best things ever. Not saying it'll be the same again. Just saying that it isn't necessarily the worse thing that could happen.

OK, it'll be shit. :lol: But it'll be our shit.