The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Nesbitt
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Perhaps Nesbitt doesn’t pass enough. Wants to take on defenders instead of playing the MK Way.

Or perhaps DM knows all about him and wants to find out about other players before the run-in, for example, see how Cisse plays up the left wing, how pinball Agard does as a target linkman up front, how we cope without Ward at the back.
So, you’re not aware that one of the philosophical foundations upon which DM built his coaching reputation and produced a conveyor belt of exceptional youth talent for us was based upon players taking on their opposite number? Have a read of some of the articles he’s had published over the years. It’s all about the ability to beat a player.

He got booted out of the FA for not buying into their pass and move philosophy. ;)

:D In all honesty I’ve got no idea why Nesbitt doesn’t get on the pitch.

And I don’t think Agard is a bad player either, it’s just that playing with his back to goal doesn’t seem to be his forte.

Agard tries, he just is not that good and certainly with his ball control does not suit the way we play.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 pm 

Agard ball control, when did that happen? I missed that :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm 

MovingOn wrote:
Agard ball control, when did that happen? I missed that :lol:

I believe it may have occurred once during his tenure with the Dons, but only once.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm 

Agard is not a bad player and was a very successful goal scorer with Bristol City. He is not suited to being a single striker. Indeed he has suffered from playing under three successive managers here who have been obsessed with single striker formations. The fact that we continue to play this way when we have a squad stuffed full of forwards is beyond comprehension!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 pm 

hyper wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Perhaps Nesbitt doesn’t pass enough. Wants to take on defenders instead of playing the MK Way.

Or perhaps DM knows all about him and wants to find out about other players before the run-in, for example, see how Cisse plays up the left wing, how pinball Agard does as a target linkman up front, how we cope without Ward at the back.
So, you’re not aware that one of the philosophical foundations upon which DM built his coaching reputation and produced a conveyor belt of exceptional youth talent for us was based upon players taking on their opposite number? Have a read of some of the articles he’s had published over the years. It’s all about the ability to beat a player.

He got booted out of the FA for not buying into their pass and move philosophy. ;)

And I don’t think Agard is a bad player either, it’s just that playing with his back to goal doesn’t seem to be his forte.

Agard tries, he just is not that good and certainly with his ball control does not suit the way we play.

I think it's a case of we don't suit the way HE plays. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:22 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
hyper wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Sausage wrote:

I think it's a case of we don't suit the way HE plays. :ugeek:

Or our player recruitment is utterly flawed, buying player who do not suit our style of play.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 pm 

if nesbitt dosent play tomorrow that shows lack of ambition to win a game, hes the only one with the craft to open up defences

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:14 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Galverion wrote:
DM obviously takes exception to the lad's haircut

With good reason.

We should only pick players with good barnets. Sell all the rest.

If we want a winger with a good haircut, we should get Tahith Chong on loan from United (along with Angel Gomes).
As well as being a quick, skilful winger, Chong's the only player who can make Fellaini look bald. :)

BTW I can never get the photos to work, so if some kind person would post a picture of Chong's lovely mane then that would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:21 pm 

Id love him here, the boy must only play forward passes as he sure as hell cant see sideways or back

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Id love him here, the boy must only play forward passes as he sure as hell cant see sideways or back

Ah maybe that's the answer to our problem. Put blinkers on our mid-fielders.