THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm 

I keep hearing and reading that our squad should be challenging for promotion but the more I look at it the more I see it is a squad that really isn't good enough to do that, what struck me was looking at a couple of players we are familiar with who are playing with Charlton. Ben Reeves is in and out of their team which occupies the last play off spot, Jake Forster-Caskey is a regular starter who is light years ahead of any of our midfield and to that another you will know Wigan's very own Will Grigg - that is what you need to be challenging in League One. Now be realistic and look at our team and tell me how many are really good enough to be at that level - in my opinion Aneke, Williams and Walsh - I see a few more who are more midtable League One Upson, Brittain, Gilbey and the rest are flattering to deceive. Tell me I am wrong if you like but think about it before you next say we have a good enough squad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 pm 

None of them are good enough. That's why we're third from bottom. They're pish.

I've read through today's posts, cod-psychological rubbish. They're just journeymen. They couldn't give a fuck who they're playing for, Lewie excepted. it's a job, their job, and they're not very good at it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 pm 

Gers wrote:
None of them are good enough. That's why we're third from bottom. They're pish.

I've read through today's posts, cod-psychological rubbish. They're just journeymen. They couldn't give a fuck who they're playing for, Lewie excepted. it's a job, their job, and they're not very good at it.

Do fish really have psychologists? :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I keep hearing and reading that our squad should be challenging for promotion but the more I look at it the more I see it is a squad that really isn't good enough to do that, what struck me was looking at a couple of players we are familiar with who are playing with Charlton. Ben Reeves is in and out of their team which occupies the last play off spot, Jake Forster-Caskey is a regular starter who is light years ahead of any of our midfield and to that another you will know Wigan's very own Will Grigg - that is what you need to be challenging in League One. Now be realistic and look at our team and tell me how many are really good enough to be at that level - in my opinion Aneke, Williams and Walsh - I see a few more who are more midtable League One Upson, Brittain, Gilbey and the rest are flattering to deceive. Tell me I am wrong if you like but think about it before you next say we have a good enough squad.

As you asked, I have thought about it and you are wrong.