THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE RESULTS & REVIEWOLDHAM ATHLETIC
I feel utterly defeated right now, the gut wrenching end to the Pompey game was a bitter pill to swallow, driving to the game last night we anticipated that this much talked about game by game improvement was going to manifest itself into a much-needed result, well how wrong can you be.

It was anything but that, it was the crowning turd, and nothing more than a glowing example of the gutless, passionless football that we have been subjected to for far too long, it really was a case of one step forward, and 4 steps back, it was truly awful, and not for the first time I left a game miles from home, on a freezing cold night, more than a few quid worse off, and questioning my sanity, with the thought of having to get up early for work the next day.

Nesbitt came on in the final ten minutes and tried his heart out to salvage the game, he showed more drive, desire and determination than the rest of them put together in the previous 80 minutes, and before I forget, Ed Upson, the most overrated player we have, how many times did he lose the ball, how many misplaced passes, and this is not a one off, he can in my opinion just bugger off, and I’ll happily take him wherever he wants to go, the man surely must be colour blind, there can be no other plausible explanation other than he is just bloody useless, one good game out of many is not a decent return, and I’m glad to say he was subbed off after yet another crap performance.

You can blame the pitch, but both teams had to cope with the crap surface, you can blame the loss of Chuks early on, but I would counter that with putting all your hopes on one player to carry us all season long is just plain crazy, naïve by the management/ownership and a desperate tactic, especially with his medical history and the special attention given to him by refs.

Ebanks-Landell make Lewie look like Usain Bolt, and the ease he was brushed aside to allow their goal was just laughable, Wootton is the biggest disappointment for me, I really thought he was going to be a shining star this season, but sadly not.

For me the back four on Saturday needs to be Williams/Brittain, Ward, Lewington and Tymon, and Nesbitt needs to start, and just looking at his stats shows why.

The situation is getting worse game by game, and only the most optimistic amongst us can now hold out any hope of us surviving, we are cut adrift, games in hand, but still reliant on others around us failing, and in honesty with 15 games to go it’s a struggle to see how we are going to get out of this mess, yes we have time, yes we have games remaining, but with what is it, 2 wins in 19 games I don’t know how.

Looking at the APL for this game we had just under 40 predictions, which is just about standard for a midweek match. Most peoples hopes were dashed in the 12th minute with Chuks departing the scene of the crime, and I cant have been the only one thinking right then, that 0-0 was the most likely and probably the preferred outcome from our shot shy team, and as soon as they scored I joked the game was over, it was just a case of what the final score would be, in fact it should have been 2-0, with a clear one on one missed by them as the ball was doing moguls in our penalty area.

Just nine predictors earned themselves some points, nobody predicting a 1-0 loss and the top scorer for this game was Fraser earning 7 points for his account.

There were just 32 points scored for this game.

Right ...I’m off for a bit of counselling, see you Saturday as the “King of the Dons” attempts to give us another miserable Saturday evening.

The APL thread for that game can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1127

Chin, Chin.

8-) WellDon

The APL Hall of Fame
3 – MK59DON
2 – Southstander, Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble
1 – BertieWoostersDonsClub, mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, Greg, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Oldfarmdons, Fraser, FilthyDon

APL League Table 2017/18
112 POINTS – SG19 Cowshed das Boot
107 POINTS – Scribble
102 POINTS - Camdenite
97 POINTS – Southstander
96 POINTS – Sparky
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon
90 POINTS - FilthyDon
84 POINTS – Nobbydon
71 POINTS - BertieWoostersDonsClub
70 POINTS – Greg
67 POINTS – Bloxham Don