THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 pm 

A few week ago there were numerous complaints about the boring football we were playing under Neilson .
Most people were calling for Robbie's head saying they would rather lose than watch such boring football.
It seems to me that Dan is now trying to please both Pete and fans by playing the type of football that many demanded.
Still there are complaints because we should be winning even if it's by playing ugly.
Who would be a football manager? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
It seems to me that if we were winning every game it wouldn't matter to most what type of football we were playing!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm 

chrisdon wrote:
It seems to me that if we were winning every game it wouldn't matter to most what type of football we were playing!

The promotion season under KR, where we won and played with style, will no doubt stand out as the pinnacle since the club was formed. Funny how at the time you do not always appreciate the good times when you are in them...even when we were winning 6-0 and 7-0 and stuff, and scoring over 100 goals, and beating United 4-0, we probably all had gripes over one thing or another at the time !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Genuine question...how long do we, as fans, give DM ? Knowing of course it is not "our decision" at all, but PW's. But what I mean is, we all said we were "willing to give RN" an opportunity and time, and most of us lost patience after a year. Same kind of timescale for DM ?

I don't really know how long we should "give him". It's not "really" "up to us".
But I'm more than willing to put quotation marks "around" most of my "reply".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 pm 

It was a less than sensible appointment. Our problem has been an inability to score any goals to speak of and any remotely competent new manager would have asked himself why. It's not because we weren't playing out from the back, it's because DM, just like Neilson and Robinson before him is obsessed with single striker narrow formations when the forwards we've got aren't good enough to play that way. A sensible manager would have come in and changed our formation or at least TRIED something DIFFERENT. A return to basics within the capabilities of the players we have now was what was required. Play 4-4-2, use the two decent young wingers we have, tell them to get crosses into the box and two of our many strikers to get in the area and look for those crosses. Not very complicated but nobody has tried this. And before people rubbish this approach, just remember, Leicester won the Premiership doing exactly that.

We need to play according to the capabilities of the players we have. And a halfway decent manager would have cottoned on to that not very obscure fact rather than messing about with style which isn't where the problem lies.

Simples!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm 

Gers wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Genuine question...how long do we, as fans, give DM ? Knowing of course it is not "our decision" at all, but PW's. But what I mean is, we all said we were "willing to give RN" an opportunity and time, and most of us lost patience after a year. Same kind of timescale for DM ?

I don't really know how long we should "give him". It's not "really" "up to us".

Thanks for your "helpful" input Gers !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:54 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Gers wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Thanks for your "helpful" input Gers !

Would it be MORE HELPFUL if I were to "put" some things in "capitals"?

That seems to be a thing today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
If we were a Premier League club, Micciche's job would already be at risk. Lose another 2 or 3 in a row and he would almost certainly be sacked in that league.

We simply can't afford to do that. And it's a good thing, as he needs time.

Well, yes and no. Managers need time, but new manager syndrome is also felt, usually immediately after his appointment. When we're in serious risk of relegation if we don't get some points now, I think that it's reasonable to be considering getting someone - anyone - in, who could just improve our results on a short term basis and help us avoid relegation. The fact is, if we don't start seeing an upturn in results soon, we're relegated. I think it would be incorrect to say that no one could do a better job than DM (no points so far) therefore there has to get to a point where Winkelman weighs up the cost of getting another manager in with the potential lower league two revenues. He's going to have to make a decision sooner, rather than later because we're on course for our second relegation in three years.

Yeah it's a bit odd that he has started so badly. Would have expected at least a point by now just through new manager effect/luck.

Oh F- off!!! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 pm 

Galverion wrote:

Two summers is fair. Judge him around Christmas 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 pm 

"We have to start picking up points and I'm confident we can do that" - DM.

Sounds just like RN.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 pm 

I couldn’t fault the lads tonight for the effort they put in
disappointed to concede from a corner
important game Saturday

it’s like a broken record same stuff different manager

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next