THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am 
Don Direction wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
But relegation isn't virtually certain. Two wins in a row and we're back in the mix.

You're assuming that they teams above us won't win either. There are 4 teams above us within reach of the relegation zone, and we need to overtake two of them to stay up. It's not going to be easy.

What I am expecting is the teams around us not to win every game (that's why they're down here). A win in mid table can mean you not move, but a win at the bottom usually causes movement. It is by no means impossible, sure Dan can in and we were 1 point adrift but we can still do this.

Also Rochdale have 5 games in hand and aren't as bad as the table suggests. We potentially would have to overtake 3 teams to stay up.

The more I look at it, the more difficult the task looks.

Reckon it will be us, Bury, Northampton and AFC that go down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 am 

Need to win at least 6 games to stay up.
As for "The MK way won't work in League 2", well it's not working in league 1.
Style needs to change and fast, no shots on goal in the second half, says all you need to know.
Get rid of the wing backs, go 4-3-3.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm 

kawasakitwin wrote:
Need to win at least 6 games to stay up.
As for "The MK way won't work in League 2", well it's not working in league 1.
Style needs to change and fast, no shots on goal in the second half, says all you need to know.
Get rid of the wing backs, go 4-3-3.

Go 4-4-2 and stop shipping shit goals, get 0-0s and go from there.

Stuff the MK Way.

Can't believe the arrogance of the hierarchy when DM was appointment - wanting to play like Barcelona when we're in a scrappy third tier relegation battle - a game against Oldham on a Tuesday night in February is our biggest game of the season.

Just laughable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:44 pm 

And to think scums favourite saying was WABLO, was anyone else thinking we won’t, we’ll be an established championship side? We won’t even be league one much longer. To think we were competing with wolves, Leeds, Leicester city etc not so long ago. Beggars belief with a stable club/owner. I’m absolutely gutted at this moment in time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:46 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
And to think scums favourite saying was WABLO, was anyone else thinking we won’t, we’ll be an established championship side? We won’t even be league one much longer. To think we were competing with wolves, Leeds, Leicester city etc not so long ago. Beggars belief with a stable club/owner. I’m absolutely gutted at this moment in time.

We'll prove WABLO wrong by getting relegated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

That was my point. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

That was my point. :(

The good news is Dan is getting our youngsters valuable National League experience. Pete's new plan is to get relegated to level 8 and then get into the Premier League.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 pm 

Life will carry on who cares if we go down. I am off to support my local non league club. at least they care about their fans unlike our joke of a club.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Relegation will be awful. I don't understand why people are talking of relegation as a panacea.

The parking will be easier but there will be less money so no training ground. The quality of away pitches will be worse so the MK Way won't work out there.

But relegation isn't virtually certain. Two wins in a row and we're back in the mix.

It's been said a number of times that the training ground money was ringfenced. So that should not be affected.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:49 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Relegation will be awful. I don't understand why people are talking of relegation as a panacea.

The parking will be easier but there will be less money so no training ground. The quality of away pitches will be worse so the MK Way won't work out there.

It's been said a number of times that the training ground money was ringfenced. So that should not be affected.

The club can say it's ring fenced all it likes but if losses grow then they will have to dip into it.