THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Suzuki will want to terminate their sponsorship deal I assume. :(

Tis only a matter of time before we're sponsored by "Junction 13 Building Merchants" and have a kit supplied by Surridge Sports again

I still think the 99p Stores Stadium has a classy ring about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am 

hyper wrote:
Losing our better players to other clubs during the summer

Someone needs to be interested for this to occur, anyone really want those on big contracts who have not turned up this season : Sow, Agard, Gilbey?

Only one likely to move on would be Aneke

And he would only move to A&E

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am 

Can't see why they would terminate a sponsorship deal or why Errea would not sell to us because of League 2.

Pretty sure they already make kits for teams in that league.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 am 

I don’t think we will extend the Errea deal anyway. I don’t think we’ve ever prolonged a kit deal after the deal expired. Plus their gear has been absolutely shit. Awful sizes and crap material.

I genuinely don’t think the drop off will be that dramatic. Not as big as some are suggesting, I just don’t think there’ll be enough exciting prospects to bring people into the ground. Even if we were top.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Poorer quality of football
Maybe areas of the stadium closed off for certain games
Maybe redundancies for some backroom staff.

Don't assume that dropping down a division automatically means a poorer quality of football. You only have to watch a team like Luton in League 2 to see that this is a false assumption. Many of the teams both in League 2 (and the National League for that matter) are technically superior to our own side.
Everybody loves a winning team so whilst attendances and season ticket sales would initially drop,as long as we are successful things would be fine.
My biggest worry would be if the slide continued. Now that really would spell trouble for the Club.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am 

TomMac&Ernie wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Poorer quality of football
Maybe areas of the stadium closed off for certain games
Maybe redundancies for some backroom staff.

Don't assume that dropping down a division automatically means a poorer quality of football. You only have to watch a team like Luton in League 2 to see that this is a false assumption. Many of the teams both in League 2 (and the National League for that matter) are technically superior to our own side.
Everybody loves a winning team so whilst attendances and season ticket sales would initially drop,as long as we are successful things would be fine.
My biggest worry would be if the slide continued. Now that really would spell trouble for the Club.

Good point, agreed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am 

Relegation will be awful. I don't understand why people are talking of relegation as a panacea.

The parking will be easier but there will be less money so no training ground. The quality of away pitches will be worse so the MK Way won't work out there.

But relegation isn't virtually certain. Two wins in a row and we're back in the mix.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am 
Don Direction wrote:
But relegation isn't virtually certain. Two wins in a row and we're back in the mix.

You're assuming that they teams above us won't win either. There are 4 teams above us within reach of the relegation zone, and we need to overtake two of them to stay up. It's not going to be easy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am 
TomMac&Ernie wrote:

This is true. Some of our highest attendances were when we were doing well in League 2, but that was also the first season in the new stadium so that probably had something to do with it.

The following season back in League 1, we were averaging 10.5k at home.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

You're assuming that they teams above us won't win either. There are 4 teams above us within reach of the relegation zone, and we need to overtake two of them to stay up. It's not going to be easy.

What I am expecting is the teams around us not to win every game (that's why they're down here). A win in mid table can mean you not move, but a win at the bottom usually causes movement. It is by no means impossible, sure Dan can in and we were 1 point adrift but we can still do this.