THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 pm 

rosie47 wrote:
‘numerous chances’ :lol: ok.

Yep they did.

How in any way did we threaten their goal?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm 

i didn’t say we did, though ugbo had a goal-bound shot blocked by agard and muirhead our one just the wrong side of the post.

my point is neither side did because it was an unplayable pitch. both teams had one shot on target in open play. they get a goal off a corner and that’s that.

again, i’m not saying we were good. i’m saying it was virtually impossible to be good and neilson had us playing much the same on nice autumn days on our excellent pitch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 pm 

rosie47 wrote:
i didn’t say we did, though ugbo had a goal-bound shot blocked by agard and muirhead our one just the wrong side of the post.

my point is neither side did because it was an unplayable pitch. both teams had one shot on target in open play. they get a goal off a corner and that’s that.

again, i’m not saying we were good. i’m saying it was virtually impossible to be good and neilson had us playing much the same on nice autumn days on our excellent pitch.

Agard was offside though right. Completely unacceptable performance unplayable pitch or not....looking forward to the relegation clear out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:40 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
rosie47 wrote:

Agard was offside though right. Completely unacceptable performance unplayable pitch or not....looking forward to the relegation clear out.

You will not get shot of players on big contracts that no one else will want.

We will be stuck with the likes of Sow, Agard, Gilbey on large contracts

Those out of contract in the summer : Wotton, Upson and McGrandles (I won't include the great Rasulo)

McGrandles I would like to see tied up for next season, he has been one of the more consistent during the recent run.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am 

It was bad, but it definitely wasn't as bad as some of the games under Nielson, that is a huge over reaction.

I'm not using the pitch as an excuse, as both teams had to play on it (although they do every other week) but for those that were there or watched on iPlayer, it was pretty evident that you'll never see a decent game of football on a surface like that.

If you expect to see a flowing, passing game of football; 'The MK Way' on a pitch like that then you're delusional. We've lost 4 games in a row, but I still have faith in DM. In fact, I feel damn right sorry for him. First management job and his record is currently at a 0% win rate. He's inherited a poor team with absolutely no confidence at all.

The complete overall in the summer was a disaster, as we lost our soul. We lost too many players at once that really cared about MK Dons. Now we have a team of loan players and players than have only been at the club for a few months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am 

hyper wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
rosie47 wrote:

You will not get shot of players on big contracts that no one else will want.

We will be stuck with the likes of Sow, Agard, Gilbey on large contracts

Those out of contract in the summer : Wotton, Upson and McGrandles (I won't include the great Rasulo)

McGrandles I would like to see tied up for next season, he has been one of the more consistent during the recent run.

Mcgrandles is on a 2 year deal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:36 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
It was bad, but it definitely wasn't as bad as some of the games under Nielson, that is a huge over reaction.

I'm not using the pitch as an excuse, as both teams had to play on it (although they do every other week) but for those that were there or watched on iPlayer, it was pretty evident that you'll never see a decent game of football on a surface like that.

If you expect to see a flowing, passing game of football; 'The MK Way' on a pitch like that then you're delusional. We've lost 4 games in a row, but I still have faith in DM. In fact, I feel damn right sorry for him. First management job and his record is currently at a 0% win rate. He's inherited a poor team with absolutely no confidence at all.

The complete overall in the summer was a disaster, as we lost our soul. We lost too many players at once that really cared about MK Dons. Now we have a team of loan players and players than have only been at the club for a few months.

Neilson's worst was that Northampton 2nd half. But even that was better than the team's efforts last night.

I don't want an MK way....i just want a winning one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am 

Worst ‘performance’ this season by far.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 pm 

After all of this.....Can someone please give me a plausible excuse not to attend on Saturday?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
After all of this.....Can someone please give me a plausible excuse not to attend on Saturday?

Giving up football for Lent ?