THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Since Aneke went off
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
hyper wrote:
Without Pawlett or Aneke the team is devoid of any real creativity.

Why has DM not used Nesbitt, certainly when chasing a game?

I'd more question not starting McGrandles or bringing him on at any point. He hasn't had a bad game yet and is definitely an asset to have in the middle of the pitch.

Not starting Tarvernier too, who has been one of our better players since he joined.

But yeah, we've been lacking creativity all season. Hate to repeat myself (actually I don't mind repeating myself), but again not replacing Reeves or Barnes was a huge mistake by our recruitment team.

I would agree on the McGrandles one, out of contract in the summer and should be offered a new one rather than waiting.

The Tavernier choice comes down to changing the system, and it clearly is not working.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
hyper wrote:

I'd more question not starting McGrandles or bringing him on at any point. He hasn't had a bad game yet and is definitely an asset to have in the middle of the pitch.

Not starting Tarvernier too, who has been one of our better players since he joined.

But yeah, we've been lacking creativity all season. Hate to repeat myself (actually I don't mind repeating myself), but again not replacing Reeves or Barnes was a huge mistake by our recruitment team.

I do agree, but did we really have a choice of replacements for Reeves / Barnes. I am still convinced that had we had any other manager than RN, they vould have convinced Reeves to stay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am 

hyper wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
hyper wrote:

I would agree on the McGrandles one, out of contract in the summer and should be offered a new one rather than waiting.

The Tavernier choice comes down to changing the system, and it clearly is not working.

Mcgrandles has another year.