THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: This club is fucked
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
We won the possession battle.
After reading most of the crap on here over the last few days it would appear that’s all that matters to some of our fanbase!

We’ve won the possession battle in all four games under the new management regime.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:54 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Thedonandonly wrote:
No training ground
No money
Dwindling fan base
Can't score goals
Can't win a game
Getting relegated
Head of recruitment is a joke
Manager with no experience and a team that's not even playing for him during the honeymoon period

We have a better budget than many in this league.
Training ground takes a while to progress.
Fan base has dropped marginally, but hardly "dwindling", happens with any club going through a rough patch.
Bobby W has brought in some excellent players, no better or worse than any other club in this league
And FFS, Micciche has been here a couple of weeks, having inherited a poor squad playing shit football. Give him a chance.

I agree we should be scoring more goals and winning more games.

Training ground saga is no closer to fruition than it was 4 years ago
You'll see next season what I really mean about the fan base
Recruitment has been shocking!
The new man has lost his first 4 and scored 1 goal ffs!
Supposed to be entertaining

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm 

Thedonandonly wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Don't be ridiculous !

What's ridiculous? I've listed facts

Filthy just took most of your 'facts' apart. You're whinging. Understandably. But that's all it is. Don't kid yourself you've got some detailed analysis of our critical failings. We'll probably go down. But the club isn't in any danger. This isn't the late 90s/early 2000s. We're in a much better place (long term). Clubs go up and down the leagues. We're going down the last couple of years but that's just part of the rough and tumble of football.

Get a grip, the lot of you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm 

Thedonandonly wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Don't be ridiculous !

What's ridiculous? I've listed facts

Your conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 pm 

Agree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 pm 
We aren't playing well at the moment. But a lot of that is down to Neilson (recruitment of players to suit his style, as well as the squad being groomed to play his way). Micciche isn't going to be able to train that out of them in a matter of weeks, but already the signs are there that the way we play and think is improving a lot.

We might get relegated, but it's hardly the end of the world. I'm convinced that wherever we are next season, we will have a good season next year.

But the club is far from fucked. There are far more positives than negatives. In fact, the only negative is our league position and our recent performances.

One of the best academies and academy coaches outside of the Prem. A world class stadium. Finances are no worse than most other pro clubs and we have a good budget for this level, with an excellent training ground at some point in the future and one of the nicest chairmen in football.

Things are shit as a fan at the moment, but as one of the most pessimistic posters on here in the past, I'm fully confident things will improve soon, either in this league or League 2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm 

Far more positive than negatives?!?! What fucking planet are you on, seriously???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
In fact, the only negative is our league position and our recent performances.

One of the best academies and academy coaches outside of the Prem. A world class stadium. Finances are no worse than most other pro clubs and we have a good budget for this level, with an excellent training ground at some point in the future and one of the nicest chairmen in football

Some people might say the negatives were:

- Manager with no obvious previous experience, and who seems to have been recruited because he was cheap
- 100% loss rate in all games played under DM
- Only 1 goal scored under DM
- No obvious sign that we have a good budget. The chairman is always saying he's skint
- Training ground which appears to be a white elephant, and for which work hasn't been started
- PW being a nice guy is meaningless; I'd rather have someone who couldn't fund the club properly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Thedonandonly wrote:
No training ground
No money
Dwindling fan base
Can't score goals
Can't win a game
Getting relegated
Head of recruitment is a joke
Manager with no experience and a team that's not even playing for him during the honeymoon period

We have a better budget than many in this league.
Training ground takes a while to progress.
Fan base has dropped marginally, but hardly "dwindling", happens with any club going through a rough patch.
Bobby W has brought in some excellent players, no better or worse than any other club in this league
And FFS, Micciche has been here a couple of weeks, having inherited a poor squad playing shit football. Give him a chance.

I agree we should be scoring more goals and winning more games.

Absolutely priceless :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm 
SwanDonOne wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
In fact, the only negative is our league position and our recent performances.

One of the best academies and academy coaches outside of the Prem. A world class stadium. Finances are no worse than most other pro clubs and we have a good budget for this level, with an excellent training ground at some point in the future and one of the nicest chairmen in football

Some people might say the negatives were:

- Manager with no obvious previous experience, and who seems to have been recruited because he was cheap
- 100% loss rate in all games played under DM
- Only 1 goal scored under DM
- No obvious sign that we have a good budget. The chairman is always saying he's skint
- Training ground which appears to be a white elephant, and for which work hasn't been started
- PW being a nice guy is meaningless; I'd rather have someone who couldn't fund the club properly

DM is a risk yes - he hasn't managed a pro club before, but we know how well respected his philosophy and coaching style is, hence why he landed a job managing England U16s after a few years managing our academy in League 1. Again, he is a risk. It might work, it might not, but he needs time, like Neilson did. You can't expect a full turnaround in performances in the space of a couple of weeks with a squad he had no involvement in building or recruiting.

Budget - Darragh MacAnthony (Posh's owner) has commented before that he couldn't compete with us for wages for Gilbey. Pete and KR have mentioned on several occasions we are in the upper end in terms of budget for this level. Andy Cullen has said this season is the most we have ever invested in terms of budget.

Training ground - yes it's taking a while, but nothing we can do about it. Like Pete said in an interview recently, it took the best part of a decade to get the stadium built.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next