THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 pm 

The APL Prediction League Results & ReviewPortsmouth
What can you say, I thought that was about the best we have played all season, all bar two moments of madness, one from Upson, and one from Williams, and their keeper pulling off numerous great saves, we could have, and should have won.

If we can replicate that form until the end of the season we will surely pick up points, if it will be enough to save us is another matter entirely, we certainly can’t afford to lose touch with the clubs around us, and games in hand mean nothing if you can’t convert them to points.

The game on Tuesday away to Oldham is now a real six pointer, lose that and it almost becomes desperate, win and we are right back in it.

So where are we now, well I’ve got to a stage where I haven’t given up hope, but I won’t be entirely disappointed at getting relegated either, hopefully, and I say that hopefully, the club or the bean counters will have learnt something, I won’t be holding my breath though, as they appear to have learnt nothing at all in the last three seasons.

I feel sorry for them, its not going to be easy, if we get relegated they will be selling a League 2 club to people at Championship prices, gone will be the days of vast numbers of away fans, and with that will be a reduced number of stewards and areas closing around the ground and attendances continuing to fall.

Further away from the pitch I want to comment about the stewarding at MK, and in honesty it is very poor, I counted 8 smoke flares yesterday, and you can add that to the long list of smoke flares we have seen in the away end this term. You can also add that to the number of away fans that find their way in the home ends, yesterday Pompey fans, in full colours of hats, shirts, and scarves were in Club Red and taunting and abusing home fans, and finally you can add that to the number of pitch invasions we’ve seen in the past, and nothing happens. As far as I’m aware most of these types of incidents are either against the law or in the very least are contrary to FA regulations, but our stewards appear to do nothing at all, in fact I’ve heard that some of our fans have vociferously complained to stewards about away fans in home areas and have been told to shut up and watch the game.

Recently I read on social media, home fans complaining about the amount of times they are searched coming into SMK, these people were mainly north of 50 and women, yet on a regular basis smoke bombs find their way into the ground......just what are the stewards doing, what does it take to get refused entry into the home end when you are clearly an away fan.

For those that travel away, you will know we are regularly searched, in fact at Pompey I was searched twice, once outside and once inside, and I can’t imagine a club in the country that would allow away fans in the home areas, and if we did sneak in, I’m pretty sure we would soon be in the street outside if our cover was blown.

Somebody commented to me yesterday, “ what do you expect the whole club is just a cash cow “, and it appears that it has become that to some degree, where everything is compromised for the sake of a few quid, and the fear of not upsetting away fans, because we want to look nice in the face of those nasty AFC people and court friends within the game..........it really has become laughable at times, well I just hope that nothing ever goes wrong.

Right enough of this rant, looking at the APL, it was a DOUBLE BUBBLE game, with every point being scored for the Pompey game doubled. A lowly 36 predictions this week, which surprises me with the points on offer, and well over 300 points still available until the end of the season......anyway 15 people added to their totals and its caused a big shift at the top of the table.

Nobody had Ugboots to score first with a 2-1 scoreline to Pompey, but 5 people did predict him as the Dons scorer and get 20 points each, 4 people predicted the scoreline and get 10 points each, 5 others predicted the defeat with the wrong scoreline and scorer and get 4 points each.

In total there were 164 points scored in this game.

The result of all that is SG19 now finds himself at the top of the table, but with 16 games to go, and one more DOUBLE BUBBLE GAME left at fixture number 40, there are loads of points still available, and literally anybody can win.

Our next APL game against Oldham on Tuesday is up and running and can be found by clicking on the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1087

Good Luck with that.

A question to finish......if we get relegated, should the season ticket cost be reduced to reflect on the level of football we will find ourselves in ?

Cheers for Now

8-) WellDon

The APL Hall of Fame
3 – MK59DON
2 – Southstander, Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble
1 – BertieWoostersDonsClub, mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, Greg, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Oldfarmdons, Fraser, FilthyDon

APL League Table 2017/18
112 POINTS – SG19 Cowshed das Boot
107 POINTS – Scribble
100 POINTS - Camdenite
97 POINTS – Southstander
96 POINTS – Sparky
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon
90 POINTS - FilthyDon
79 POINTS - Nobbydon
70 POINTS – Greg
69 POINTS – BertieWoostersDonsClub
65 POINTS – MK59DON