THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:05 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
There was no way we were playing a back three yesterday. There was a back four and our formation seemed to be fluid between 4 2 3 1 and 4 1 3 2

Where do you think Lewie played?

Where did Lewie get an elbow in the face?

Lewie played left centre back of the three.

I didn't ask that. I asked where on the pitch did Lewie get an elbow? BTW I would say Lewie played defensive & narrow left back. :D

In the place where he covered across.

Centre forwards have been know to make defensive clearances from corners. That doesn’t mean they’re playing centre back.

That reminds me, they had a forward playing Centre back yesterday! Oh and we definitely (according to DM) played with wing backs, it's mentioned (as suggested earlier) in his post match interview, which is available on youtube for the non-believers...

Sorry, fail. It doesn't mention neither three centre backs or wing backs. He refers to a change in formation and many on here have taken that to mean wing backs. They may be right but I don't believe it's that simple.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

That reminds me, they had a forward playing Centre back yesterday! Oh and we definitely (according to DM) played with wing backs, it's mentioned (as suggested earlier) in his post match interview, which is available on youtube for the non-believers...

Sorry, fail. It doesn't mention neither three centre backs or wing backs. He refers to a change in formation and many on here have taken that to mean wing backs. They may be right but I don't believe it's that simple.

Ah but haven't we been playing 4231 in the previous 2 games? So to me the change in formation would suggest a back 3, as did the actual positions taken up for most of the game(certainly the 1st half), although Lewie was still coming forward there was no overlapping with Tymon, which was a big feature of lewies game in a back 4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:13 pm 

Over recent months, I have given up trying to work out what formation we are playing in ... except possibly one which involves the maximum probability of having as many people no where near the ball as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:17 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Ah but haven't we been playing 4231 in the previous 2 games? So to me the change in formation would suggest a back 3, as did the actual positions taken up for most of the game(certainly the 1st half), although Lewie was still coming forward there was no overlapping with Tymon, which was a big feature of lewies game in a back 4.

It may suggest a back 3 but it doesn't confirm it. Neilson used to play one defensive full back and I do remember Lewie getting forward, but not overlapping, which may have something to do with his fitness and age. In the end you may be right but I didn't see it at the time and certainly, to me, Brittain acted like a normal full back in the 1st half and in the warm up they exercised with four defenders (another tell).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Over recent months, I have given up trying to work out what formation we are playing in ... except possibly one which involves the maximum probability of having as many people no where near the ball as possible.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 pm 

Sorry, fail. It doesn't mention neither three centre backs or wing backs. He refers to a change in formation and many on here have taken that to mean wing backs. They may be right but I don't believe it's that simple.[/quote]

And presumably you think Scott Wooton is discussing his preferred type of armchair? FFS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments:
aunmfzx6bw001.jpg
aunmfzx6bw001.jpg [ 38.31 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:30 pm 

Allypally wrote:
And presumably you think Scott Wooton is discussing his preferred type of armchair? FFS

You have me there. :lol: But what do centre halves know. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
There was no way we were playing a back three yesterday. There was a back four and our formation seemed to be fluid between 4 2 3 1 and 4 1 3 2

It was on his face.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
APMKDon wrote:

If Lewie took a touch in their box, it doesn't make him a striker.

I saw it as a back 5 (Tymon, Lewie, Wooton, Williams, Brittain) with the wing backs pushing on...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
APMKDon wrote:

If Lewie took a touch in their box, it doesn't make him a striker.

I saw it as a back 5 (Tymon, Lewie, Wooton, Williams, Brittain) with the wing backs pushing on...

Me too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next