THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Cisse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
For me the substitutions were poor. I really rate McGrandles, but he shouldn't have replaced Pawlett as they are a different type of player. Nesbitt or BTA should have come on for Pawlett and McGrandles in place of Cisse (instead of EEL)

I think DM was trying to shore things up a little with the Pawlett/McGrandles change. I agree though that if you’re talking like for like then Nessie or even Rasulo* would have been a better fit.

*-I hope it was just the extra layers of clothing yesterday but he’s starting to resemble Dale Jennings!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 am 

Cissé is obviously the new Daniel Powell.

Me, I'm in the 'I like marmite' camp. Play him in the correct position and he really adds something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:06 am 

keyser soze wrote:

Me, I'm in the 'I like marmite' camp. Play him in the correct position and he really adds something.

I agree. It’s not a glamorous position, the guy doing that job always gets stick. I remember plenty of conversations about Potter.

Cisse is a good holding midfielder.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 am 

dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

I agree. It’s not a glamorous position, the guy doing that job always gets stick. I remember plenty of conversations about Potter.

That's a good point about Potter... when there is no fast, creative outlet in a team, the holding midfielder looks awful. At the nadir of Robboball, Potter looked terrible. When we were scoring for fun, he was a well-oiled machine. Same standard from him in both examples; just the fan's perceptions change (mine included).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 am 

dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Both of these..

However, I think a large number of fans in this country struggle with the concept of languid midfielders. However, he does need to learn that in English football that there are times to go quick and times to slow it down. He’s got a lot better at it (as pointed out by Otter), but it’s still an issue at times.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am 

I think he had a good first half but ran out of steam early in the second half and we should have taken him off earlier.

Thought he Did OK playing out of position, but let’s not forget he is a defensive midfielder
/ centre half and he has played well there when in his natural position.

Agree he looks slow (but so did chucks last season) although I think the main reason he looks slow is his size, if you see the amount of ground he covers I think everyone would be surprised just how much work he really does.

As for his style of play, I se him as a win the ball and find a pass player which I think he does very well 80% of the time. (That’s why he is in league 1 and not the premier league, but that goes for all of our players)

Someone earlier said marmite player and that is spot on, let’s just call him our new Powell

I am wondering though is it in his contract that he is not allowed to jump as that would make it unfair on the opposition (aka peter crouch)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
He played well yesterday.. Very calm on the ball and I don't recall him giving it away once. Controlled midfield for us, but of course because he is tall and slow, he is assumed lazy and at fault for everything.

We were winning until he was subbed.

The guy was basically passing with the sole of his foot. Slowed the pace down, every pass he made was slow and Pompey latched onto it. And I’m baffled you think he didn’t give the ball away. Gave it away a good few times. It was the talking point between Gers and myself at half time. He’s absolutely shocking.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:41 am 

Can we never compare Darren Potter with this guy please....thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 am 

Alby wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
He played well yesterday.. Very calm on the ball and I don't recall him giving it away once. Controlled midfield for us, but of course because he is tall and slow, he is assumed lazy and at fault for everything.

We were winning until he was subbed.

The guy was basically passing with the sole of his foot. Slowed the pace down, every pass he made was slow and Pompey latched onto it. And I’m baffled you think he didn’t give the ball away. Gave it away a good few times. It was the talking point between Gers and myself at half time. He’s absolutely shocking.

He's also slow to numerous situations in midfield. I lost count of the number of times the Pompey midfield picked up a ball they were second best to against Cisse.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am 

He's astonishingly shite, but he's one of those shite players that you can't help but like.

He's not Maynard shite. He's Struminator level shite.