THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pete
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Gers wrote:
I thought the ref was pretty shit. But like I opined to the chap beside me, if he was any good he'd be reffin' at a higher level.

Same goes for the players as well ;)

That point didn't go unremarked either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Alby wrote:
A few odd decisions. The Agard one where he went off injured with a sore head was the weird one for me. He backed out of the challenge in fear of getting hurt (Ended up getting hurt) yet apparently fouled his man? Other than that it was the odd soft decision each team gets every week. He was neither for or against us. A 6/10 performance for me.

A few odd decisions? Lewie was punched in the head which resulted in a talking to.

That was bad IMHO. Def Yellow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 pm 

Sausage wrote:
He came down the steps past me furious at the referee, saying ‘how was that a free kick to Portsmouth’ (40 yards out, when Agard ended down injured). A couple of times he turned to us fans behind him, moaning about the ref.

I have to admit, the ref was pretty one-eyed in missing a lot. I was annoyed when Chaplin elbowed Upson in the ribs over on the right as we awaited our throw, because the ref was 10 yards away looking right at them. Anyway, we call them homer refs (crowd-wise it was like Portsmouth were at home).

As far as I could tell, Pete never abused or otherwise had a go at any fans, they were with him.

Ref 4/10 at best Alby, probably less, he got far too much wrong.

I've got respect for the chairman but I hope he is equally as furious with the recruitment department he is responsible for which is largely to blame for our recent demise . Should spend his energy's in less futile missions than throwing pelters at the ref

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 pm 

Allypally wrote:

I've got respect for the chairman but I hope he is equally as furious with the recruitment department he is responsible for which is largely to blame for our recent demise . Should spend his energy's in less futile missions than throwing pelters at the ref

I’d say that recruitment has actually been pretty decent over the last year. IMHO It’s the one thing Robbie did actually get “reasonably”right. He’s left us with is a handful of decent young players, who, most importantly, will have a re-sale value if they were to leave tomorrow. His issue was coaching and a lack of knowledge about the opposition players at this level.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:35 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Allypally wrote:

I’d say that recruitment has actually been pretty decent over the last year. IMHO It’s the one thing Robbie did actually get “reasonably”right. He’s left us with is a handful of decent young players, who, most importantly, will have a re-sale value if they were to leave tomorrow. His issue was coaching and a lack of knowledge about the opposition players at this level.

You do realise we're on the brink of relegation to league 2. Mate that means everything is fucking wrong.
The last window. Shambles. Summer transfer window . 3 players squeezed over the line on 31st August along with some proper shite.
Recruitment policy is terrible
Anyhow, overwhelming point is that there is a million thing to sort . Having a pop at the ref isn't one of them

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 am 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Gers wrote:
I thought the ref was pretty shit. But like I opined to the chap beside me, if he was any good he'd be reffin' at a higher level.

Same goes for the players as well ;)

And the fans.
Oh hang on.......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 am 

With all the talk of the ref I'm amazed the pen they should have had when Wootton (I think?) pushed one of their players over in the box. At that point I thought it was going to our day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am 

Allypally wrote:
You do realise we're on the brink of relegation to league 2. Mate that means everything is fucking wrong.
The last window. Shambles. Summer transfer window . 3 players squeezed over the line on 31st August along with some proper shite.
Anyhow, overwhelming point is that there is a million thing to sort . Having a pop at the ref isn't one of them

So, that’s a first “on the brink of relegation” with sixteen games to go and four points from safety. :?

Almost every club at every level is forced to do some business at the last minute. It’s like a house sale and the domino effect often doesn’t happen until that last day or two. We just have to deal with with it. Same as everyone else. We did plenty of good early business last summer (Pawlett, Cisse,McGrandles and even Sow, who’ll come good IMHO). Add Gilbey & Nesbitt as the late additions. Agains, very decent players. The previous window saw Harvey Barnes & Stuart O’Keefe arrive. Late on deadline day. No complaints there, I wouldn’t have thought?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Allypally wrote:
So, that’s a first “on the brink of relegation” with sixteen games to go and four points from safety. :?

Almost every club at every level is forced to do some business at the last minute. It’s like a house sale and the domino effect often doesn’t happen until that last day or two. We just have to deal with with it. Same as everyone else. We did plenty of good early business last summer (Pawlett, Cisse,McGrandles and even Sow, who’ll come good IMHO). Add Gilbey & Nesbitt as the late additions. Agains, very decent players. The previous window saw Harvey Barnes & Stuart O’Keefe arrive. Late on deadline day. No complaints there, I wouldn’t have thought?

This.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Allypally wrote:

Four points from safety 2 wins since October lost the last 3 and you're happy? you can't think of anything productive to say or how things may have been done better. Brilliant. Round of applause for that man.
Camdenite, the guy who cannot see any wood to burn, because of all them beautiful trees .
Lol . Ffs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next