THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pete
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:11 pm 

A few odd decisions. The Agard one where he went off injured with a sore head was the weird one for me. He backed out of the challenge in fear of getting hurt (Ended up getting hurt) yet apparently fouled his man? Other than that it was the odd soft decision each team gets every week. He was neither for or against us. A 6/10 performance for me.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:12 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Alby wrote:
Got it on video, just towards the end albeit, a clip of Winkelman clapping the referee sarcastically.

Believe me he went on for about a minute. Which is a long time to stand in one spot sarcastically clapping.

I don’t see his point tbh. Referee was alright. Few bad calls but nowhere near the worst we’ve had all season. But at least he showed passion.

He was pretty soft. Like most refs are when a big travelling support comes to town.

I can only think his moan was the challenge by Chaplin on Upson on the edge that lead to the breakaway for the winner.

Would have been a soft free kick mind....

What’s a soft free kick? A foul is a foul.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:14 pm 

Alby wrote:
A few odd decisions. The Agard one where he went off injured with a sore head was the weird one for me. He backed out of the challenge in fear of getting hurt (Ended up getting hurt) yet apparently fouled his man? Other than that it was the odd soft decision each team gets every week. He was neither for or against us. A 6/10 performance for me.

A few odd decisions? Lewie was punched in the head which resulted in a talking to.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm 

He came down the steps past me furious at the referee, saying ‘how was that a free kick to Portsmouth’ (40 yards out, when Agard ended down injured). A couple of times he turned to us fans behind him, moaning about the ref.

I have to admit, the ref was pretty one-eyed in missing a lot. I was annoyed when Chaplin elbowed Upson in the ribs over on the right as we awaited our throw, because the ref was 10 yards away looking right at them. Anyway, we call them homer refs (crowd-wise it was like Portsmouth were at home).

As far as I could tell, Pete never abused or otherwise had a go at any fans, they were with him.

Ref 4/10 at best Alby, probably less, he got far too much wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm 

He wasn’t great but he wasn’t dreadful. He didn’t cost us the game in my view.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm 

Alby wrote:

Yes, we’ve all seen worse, but there were plenty of decisions that he got very wrong and that gave Pompey carte blanche to carry on with the way they went about their business. The culmination of which was the elbow on Deano from Pitman, which should always have been a yellow, but somehow ended up as just a talking to.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:25 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Alby wrote:
Got it on video, just towards the end albeit, a clip of Winkelman clapping the referee sarcastically.

Believe me he went on for about a minute. Which is a long time to stand in one spot sarcastically clapping.

I don’t see his point tbh. Referee was alright. Few bad calls but nowhere near the worst we’ve had all season. But at least he showed passion.

He was pretty soft. Like most refs are when a big travelling support comes to town.

I can only think his moan was the challenge by Chaplin on Upson on the edge that lead to the breakaway for the winner.

Would have been a soft free kick mind....

What’s a soft free kick? A foul is a foul.

Ok, soft decision. It wasn't a foul.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:25 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby wrote:

Yes, we’ve all seen worse, but there were plenty of decisions that he got very wrong and that gave Pompey carte blanche to carry on with the way they went about their business. The culmination of which was the elbow on Deano from Pitman, which should always have been a yellow, but somehow ended up as just a talking to.

It could be argued that Deano is now reaping what he has sown over the years, though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:45 pm 

I thought the ref was pretty shit. But like I opined to the chap beside me, if he was any good he'd be reffin' at a higher level.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 pm 

Gers wrote:
I thought the ref was pretty shit. But like I opined to the chap beside me, if he was any good he'd be reffin' at a higher level.

Same goes for the players as well ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next