The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Pete
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 pm 

Allypally wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Allypally wrote:
You do realise we're on the brink of relegation to league 2. Mate that means everything is fucking wrong.
The last window. Shambles. Summer transfer window . 3 players squeezed over the line on 31st August along with some proper shite.
Recruitment policy is terrible
Anyhow, overwhelming point is that there is a million thing to sort . Having a pop at the ref isn't one of them

So, that’s a first “on the brink of relegation” with sixteen games to go and four points from safety. :?

Almost every club at every level is forced to do some business at the last minute. It’s like a house sale and the domino effect often doesn’t happen until that last day or two. We just have to deal with with it. Same as everyone else. We did plenty of good early business last summer (Pawlett, Cisse,McGrandles and even Sow, who’ll come good IMHO). Add Gilbey & Nesbitt as the late additions. Agains, very decent players. The previous window saw Harvey Barnes & Stuart O’Keefe arrive. Late on deadline day. No complaints there, I wouldn’t have thought?

Four points from safety 2 wins since October lost the last 3 and you're happy? you can't think of anything productive to say or how things may have been done better. Brilliant. Round of applause for that man.
Camdenite, the guy who cannot see any wood to burn, because of all them beautiful trees .
Lol . Ffs

You can’t burn trees, too much moisture. You need to wait at least 12 months.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 pm 

Wife and myself spoke to Pete in the car park, he is in trouble with the Ref. Pete angry with the refs performance ie elbow to Lewington (red card?) 12 or more fouls on Agard by Thompson took the Ref 80 minutes to get a yellow , Tymons yellow for his first foul (crowd influence?) Pete is going to the F A about Referee standards.Im proud our chairman is a football fan we all need to back him and the players if we go down then we start to moan!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
What?

Don’t tell me you missed all the drama? :o

I watch the football mate. ;)

No, saw nothing. What happened and when?

The Winks steaming on to confront the ref at FT.

We really do have a fan running this club....its like a fan owned club. :lol:

Mind you, the detractors will say this is a rattled Pete thinking of the millions of profit that will be eaten by our impending League 2 bow. ;)

And as predicted we now have AFC, Northampton and Luton fans retweeting Alby's video as proof the project is failing. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 am 

Are all those who are calling for Pete to sell out to a rich patron prepared to pay the inevitable huge increase in admission prices which would undoubtedly ensue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 pm 

Are we allowed to have a rich patron bankrolling the playing side, under league rules?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Are we allowed to have a rich patron bankrolling the playing side, under league rules?

In theory, no. However, what they do to get around the only spending a percentage of your turnover rules is sponsor the team kit for a disproportionate sum (say £2M or so).

Darragh MacAnthony and his MRI Investments is the example we'll be most aware of/affected by.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
With all the talk of the ref I'm amazed the pen they should have had when Wootton (I think?) pushed one of their players over in the box. At that point I thought it was going to our day.

yep me too thought it was a solid pen shout he grabbed him

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 am 

There was one final nuance in the Pete activities that may have been lost on some.....(I thought he was having a pop at finds by the way but can see he might have been trying to gee them up a bit - why was he in the stands anyway?).....anyway, to my point..... there was some booing at the end, intended I would hope for the officials or the result or Pompey but I think Pete may have confused it for being targeted at players/him/manager/club as he was pointing vigourously to the officials heads as they came off, whilst looking at where the booing was coming from as if to say "Boo them". That's all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:40 am 

Inevitable that he would have to issue an apology.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/februa ... -chairman/

All you new poster’s can fill ya boots. ;)