THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: DM ... wrong choice?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
Not the wrong choice for me. We played the best football today that we have played in about a year. I do think SM is showing some of his inexperience though and wonder how much influence Mullen is having. Moving Cisse to LB a couple of weeks ago was a difficult one to understand and having to put EEL in centre mid today as no other CMs were in the squad looks a strange one. I would have put mcgrandles in the middle and had Nesbit our wide. Not perfect but still better than a player with limited game ground control of the ball being the option.

It’s like he is outthinking himself a little.

One of the reasons why EEL came on was that the Pompey centre half was winning the corners too easily but Muirhead could have come on and picked him up (instead of Nesbitt).

In fairness to Nesbitt, he would have had to stretch his neck out one heck of a way to have defended the corner from the bench ;)

Very droll, but I was saying that I would have preferred Muirhead on instead of EEl or your suggestion of Nesbitt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
Not the wrong choice for me. We played the best football today that we have played in about a year. I do think SM is showing some of his inexperience though and wonder how much influence Mullen is having. Moving Cisse to LB a couple of weeks ago was a difficult one to understand and having to put EEL in centre mid today as no other CMs were in the squad looks a strange one. I would have put mcgrandles in the middle and had Nesbit our wide. Not perfect but still better than a player with limited game ground control of the ball being the option.

One of the reasons why EEL came on was that the Pompey centre half was winning the corners too easily but Muirhead could have come on and picked him up (instead of Nesbitt).

1) how can you know that for sure
2) errr, did you not see the equalising goal?

1) How does anyone know anything for sure;
2) Yep and we should have cleared the ball long before they scored.

Well you appear bold enough in your claim for knowing one of the reasons EEL came on in CM. Or was that just an opinion presented as a fact?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:25 pm 

I don't like it when Mummy and Daddy argue. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:27 pm 

SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:

Well you appear bold enough in your claim for knowing one of the reasons EEL came on in CM. Or was that just an opinion presented as a fact?

How do you want me to present my opinions? It was clear to me that Cisse wasn't picking up their No 9 and I was wanting Muirhead to come on instead of him. Instead EEL came on and immediately picked him up on set pieces (BTW that is a fact).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:28 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
I don't like it when Mummy and Daddy argue. :(

Mummy & Daddy are having a difference of opinion. Go to your bedroom at once.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 pm 

Cisse was absolutely appalling today.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm 

Cisse was pretty good till he tired. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm 

Alby wrote:
Cisse was absolutely appalling today.

For SamCal's benefit. Is that a fact?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 pm 

I dont think hes the wrong choice. We had some good chances today (as did they) but we should have made it 2 0 on a number of occassions that is the diffènce btw winning and losing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:36 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:

How do you want me to present my opinions? It was clear to me that Cisse wasn't picking up their No 9 and I was wanting Muirhead to come on instead of him. Instead EEL came on and immediately picked him up on set pieces (BTW that is a fact).

You might utilise words like ‘I think’ or ‘in my opinion’ or ‘it looked to me like’ or any number of expressions. You chose to singularise your post to ‘one of the reasons’ thus presenting it as a known fact. Just saying like..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next