THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: DM ... wrong choice?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
I don’t care. We’re watching proper football again.

And yes, I do genuinely mean that.

Saw enough this last three games to believe that we’ll beat enough teams in the run in. The football’s turned already. The results will come soon enough.

This.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm 

SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
Not the wrong choice for me. We played the best football today that we have played in about a year. I do think SM is showing some of his inexperience though and wonder how much influence Mullen is having. Moving Cisse to LB a couple of weeks ago was a difficult one to understand and having to put EEL in centre mid today as no other CMs were in the squad looks a strange one. I would have put mcgrandles in the middle and had Nesbit our wide. Not perfect but still better than a player with limited game ground control of the ball being the option.

It’s like he is outthinking himself a little.

One of the reasons why EEL came on was that the Pompey centre half was winning the corners too easily but Muirhead could have come on and picked him up (instead of Nesbitt).

1) how can you know that for sure
2) errr, did you not see the equalising goal?

1) How does anyone know anything for sure;
2) Yep and we should have cleared the ball long before they scored.

Well you appear bold enough in your claim for knowing one of the reasons EEL came on in CM. Or was that just an opinion presented as a fact?

How do you want me to present my opinions? It was clear to me that Cisse wasn't picking up their No 9 and I was wanting Muirhead to come on instead of him. Instead EEL came on and immediately picked him up on set pieces (BTW that is a fact).

You might utilise words like ‘I think’ or ‘in my opinion’ or ‘it looked to me like’ or any number of expressions. You chose to singularise your post to ‘one of the reasons’ thus presenting it as a known fact. Just saying like..

You really want me to say opinion when I give an opinion. :lol: Is that just me or everyone else and are you going to? In my opinion you should be smart enough t work it out yourself (or is that a fact?).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:43 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
a

One of the reasons why EEL came on was that the Pompey centre half was winning the corners too easily but Muirhead could have come on and picked him up (instead of Nesbitt).

Well you appear bold enough in your claim for knowing one of the reasons EEL came on in CM. Or was that just an opinion presented as a fact?

How do you want me to present my opinions? It was clear to me that Cisse wasn't picking up their No 9 and I was wanting Muirhead to come on instead of him. Instead EEL came on and immediately picked him up on set pieces (BTW that is a fact).

You might utilise words like ‘I think’ or ‘in my opinion’ or ‘it looked to me like’ or any number of expressions. You chose to singularise your post to ‘one of the reasons’ thus presenting it as a known fact. Just saying like..[/quote]

You really want me to say opinion when I give an opinion. :lol: Is that just me or everyone else and are you going to? In my opinion you should be smart enough t work it out yourself (or is that a fact?).[/quote]

You can say what you want pal, I’m not the speech police.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:45 pm 

SamCal wrote:
You can say what you want pal, I’m not the speech police. [you didn't write fact or opinion]

[FACT] You are trying to be. I decide what and how I write not you. If you don't like it, tough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Gridsy wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Throwing it away with minutes to go, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
You’re really not getting this are you?

Well I’m getting it. Style over substance.

A football match is a contest, not a beauty pageant. Results are what bring the fans in, put smiles their faces, inspire chanting in the exit after the game, put food on the players tables, and put silverware in the cabinet. Not possession statistics or great play in the middle third.

There are many ways to play a game, and you have to adapt to what suits at any one time. If you stick with one way, come what may, you get worked out eventually by everyone else, like we were years ago. By half time Jackett had seen what they were up against, and sent Portsmouth out second half doing what everyone else ended up doing to Robbo teams. Portsmouth were only ninth, not one of the best teams, but they were capable of adapting and putting us away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Gridsy wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Throwing it away with minutes to go, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
You’re really not getting this are you?

Well I’m getting it. Style over substance.

A football match is a contest, not a beauty pageant. Results are what bring the fans in, put smiles their faces, inspire chanting in the exit after the game, put food on the players tables, and put silverware in the cabinet. Not possession statistics or great play in the middle third.

There are many ways to play a game, and you have to adapt to what suits at any one time. If you stick with one way, come what may, you get worked out eventually by everyone else, like we were years ago. By half time Jackett had seen what they were up against, and sent Portsmouth out second half doing what everyone else ended up doing to Robbo teams. Portsmouth were only ninth, not one of the best teams, but they were capable of adapting and putting us away.

If you look at stats, shots Dons 11 Pompey 24, Shots on target Dons 7 Pompey 11, Pompey edged it [FACT]. But as Ably says Stats don't give you all the story [FACT?]. We had the clearest chances [OPINION].

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm 

DM is changing the style of play, it’s not an overnight job, we are playing proper football again and results will follow.

Today could have gone either way, we missed some good chances which would have killed the game, we didn’t and they took advantage.

Agards miss from three feet was appalling, lucky for him the flag was up for offside

The substitution was a bit weird, EEl for Cisse, so we have the clumsiest defender in league one being a midfield general, coming back to Cisse, for such a tall bloke he’s shit in the air

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 pm 

SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SamCal wrote:
a

You might utilise words like ‘I think’ or ‘in my opinion’ or ‘it looked to me like’ or any number of expressions. You chose to singularise your post to ‘one of the reasons’ thus presenting it as a known fact. Just saying like..

You really want me to say opinion when I give an opinion. :lol: Is that just me or everyone else and are you going to? In my opinion you should be smart enough t work it out yourself (or is that a fact?).[/quote]

You can say what you want pal, I’m not the speech police.[/quote]
Oh F-. Not more opinions about opinions. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm 
Camdenite wrote:

This.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:58 pm 

Brando wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

This.

Yup. Very much the opinion of les aurtres around moi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next