THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:34 am 

TCR PLAYER OF THE MONTH – NOVEMBER
Another successful month for the Dons being two points clear at the top of the table, more clean sheets, a healthy Goal Difference, and the only things to be concerned about are the injuries to key players and the ever-approaching transfer window in January.

With nothing left to distract our focus such as cups, its now full steam ahead until May, but we have many hurdles to jump until then, plenty of hazards to face, one of which is the transfer window in January. Whatever happens its bound to have a major say in how our season comes to a climax with question marks over the likes of Aneke, will he leave, or will he stay and see the job out. Will Healey be recalled by his parent club, or will that loan be extended, and just in case you were wondering if the option comes up with a chance to buy him, I’m going to rule that one out simply because I feel he is way out of our lowly price range of a Chairman not best known for splashing the cash on transfer fees.

Another I’m going to rule out is the sale of Agard, I’m not sure when his contract expires, but he looks more than comfortable being here at the moment, so that’s a no from me, but I guess we cant rule out some sort of interest, and I think you could possibly add a few others to the list in the shape of Nicholls, JMT and maybe Houghton, but they are all long shots and I have no fears they will still be here come February.

So what happens if Chuks and Rhys go which is the most likely of the outcomes, its no secret that Chuks wanted out in the summer but to his surprise the interest was far and few between, but that will possibly now change with a few goals on his CV and a string of appearances to his name, but with him limping off on Tuesday and no news on the extent of his injury, once again it could be all change, nobody is going to want to take a chance on signing an injured player......oh hang on, isn’t this where the story all began?

Healey’s parent club Cardiff are struggling at the foot of the Premiership and I doubt very much they will be looking at Healey thinking he could be the solution to their problems. I’d also suggest they haven’t given much thought to him at all, but there is a fair chance he has come to the attention of a few League 1 and Championship scouts more than aware his loan spell at the Dons will be up very soon, and may see him as a good acquisition for their club, possibly on a better wage and more favourable terms for Cardiff, and I wouldn’t rule out Cardiff selling him to a club in the lower reaches of the Championship. It all depends how much Healey wants to stay, that’s if he gets a say in the matter as we know all too well, Afobe was reported to be gutted and desperate to stay with us in our promotion season and we all know how that ended, this has all the hallmarks of a similar situation.

So, if it is to be life after Aneke and Healey, we will see how big the aspirations of the club are, how far will Winkie want to commit himself in terms of finding replacements, if at all, or will he just rely on the likes of Agard and Simpson, with possible recalls for Nombe and BTA?

Of course, Winkie might have a few quid under the mattress, and that could be boosted by the unloading of the likes of Sow, Nesbitt, Sietsma and the savings on their wages. Whatever happens its going to be very interesting and personally I can’t wait until the window closes and we know what we are playing with or not, whichever the case may be.

Looking at the task in hand, the TCR Player of the Month for November.

3rd – Alex Gilbey
It should not be forgotten that Gilbey has comeback from a long-term injury, and the estimate for his return was the end of November but he defied all the odds and made it for the first day of the season which is a great credit to our medical team headed by Simon Crampton, and indeed Alex himself. Gilbey in the early games looked a shadow of himself, with many doubting his selection, but Tis stuck with him and he has played in all 20 League games this season and has gone from strength to strength culminating with two superb 25 yard strikes in our final game of the month versus Morecambe, which saw him deservedly named MOTM and accounts for the bulk of his votes this month.

2nd - Dean Lewington
Another ever present in our league games Dean has continued to trash the opinions of his dwindling army of doubters, as October’s POTM he continues to score consistently, and he is the only player to have picked up votes in every single game he has played, and I think at this juncture its only right of me to thank Mrs Lewington for her continued support. Joking aside, even his harshest critic cannot deny he is worthy of his place in the team and has taken to his new role as wingback superbly alongside Baily Cargill. He remains as the best crosser of the ball in the club if not this division and really seems to be enjoying the roving brief given to him by Tisdale.

1st - Rhys Healey
Healey didn’t just win POTM, he won it by a country mile scoring three times as many votes as second place finisher Dean Lewington. In the 5 games this month he has won 3 MOTM votes and come second in the other two and is without doubt a fan favourite based on his superb work rate and pushing the likes of Agard and Aneke in scoring goals. Talking to fellow fans its widely becoming apparent that if we had a choice of who stays or goes, most people would want Healey and would happily wave Chuks goodbye, obviously we would prefer both, but if it came down to it, Healey would be the first choice of many.

A few facts for you:
Just 19 players used this month in the League and FA Cup games, that’s down again on the previous month of 21, with August being 25 and October 24.

As above the trend is up for “ever presents” in the team, and for the fourth month running more players are keeping their team place with 8 this month playing every game.

Lewington remains as the only player to record votes in every game he has played.

Just two players recorded votes in every game they played this month, Lewington and Healey.

Nicholls and Aneke were the lowest scoring “ever present” this month recording just one vote each.

Game by Game MOTM:
Crawley Town – Rhys Healey
Grimsby Town – Rhys Healey / Dean Lewington
Macclesfield Town – Rhys Healey
Stevenage Borough – Kieran Agard
Morecambe - Alex Gilbey

Current Standings for Player of the Season:
80 POINTS – Rhys Healey
63 POINTS – Dean Lewington
57 POINTS – Baily Cargill
44 POINTS – Jordan Moore-Taylor
41 POINTS – Ouss Cisse / Ryan Watson
40 POINTS – Lee Nicholls
39 POINTS – Alex Gilbey
30 POINTS – George Williams
27 POINTS – Chuks Aneke
24 POINTS – Jordan Houghton
22 POINTS – Joe Walsh / Robbie Simpson
19 POINTS – Callum Brittain
18 POINTS – Kieran Agard

The remainder are fringe players, or long term injured.
Thanks for all your votes so far.

8-) WellDon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:54 am 

What stands out from those stats is how low Chuks and Agard are...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:33 am 

I also found it surprising how low Houghton figured in the grand scheme of things, but the votes have been checked by independent adjudicators and confirmed as accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:26 am 

WellDon wrote:
I also found it surprising how low Houghton figured in the grand scheme of things, but the votes have been checked by independent adjudicators and confirmed as accurate.

If in doubt, I vote Houghton. He does a largely thankless task.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 pm 

Think the current standings are pretty spot on. Healey overall has been the most consistent in his performances. Lewie having one of his best seasons in years and Cargill is a class above, we are much stronger defensively with him and JMT in the squad.

Perhaps Agard and Aneke should be higher, and I agree Houghton is solid - he's basically stepped into Potter's shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Galverion wrote:
What stands out from those stats is how low Chuks and Agard are...

... And how high Cisse and Watson are. :?:
I completely agree with the top four. But certainly wouldn't put Cisse and Watson joint fifth.
I'd have Chuks, Williams, Houghton, Agard, Walsh and Gilbey making up the rest of the top 10 and the others just wherever after that.
IMHO.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to this thread, WellDon. :D

Cisse scored highly in the games against Charlton & Grimsby in August so that accounts for his high standing.

Watson was a regular starter in August, September and the early part Oct and was a regular collecter of votes, the bulk of his votes coming in September where he earned 3 TCR MOTM vote wins and with Nicholls was joint POTM.

Just to clarify, these standings are not my assesment, I've just collated all the votes for every game, and these are the results.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 pm 

What about sow ffs ! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Rhys Healey & Dean Lewington also earned a deserved inclusion in the League 2 fantasy squad for November 2018, alongside Lee Nicholls, Jay O'Shea & Nicky Maynard :

"With three players apiece in the division’s top-scoring squad, MK Dons and Bury look to have had the best month overall.
The Shakers’ Jay O’Shea was the standout performer overall – he scored four goals and set up a further two.
The only other team with more than one representative in November is Mansfield."

And in the League 2 fantasy squad for the whole season so far, we have Nicholls, Williams, and Lewington:

"Just like Middlesbrough in the Championship, MK Dons have the season’s best-scoring goalkeeper – and the top player overall – in Lee Nicholls, plus the two leading defenders thanks to their 10 clean sheets so far. There are five other clubs with two representatives each, including Tranmere who have the best-scoring outfield player in James Norwood."

https://experimental361.com/2018/11/29/ ... mber-2018/

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 am 

gilbeys return to form has made a big impact the bloke wasnt even meant to be back playing until now