THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I would like my say too
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 pm 

As a football club I do believe there have been a lot of mistakes along the way, that said we have had some good times as well as some bad ones. Currently being in a relegation battle for the second time in 3 years isn't good.

When RN took over there was an improvement in results but the football became dire but we managed a half decent finishing position.

That was probably as good as it got for RN and despite what I thought were some encouraging signings things started to go badly wrong. We had the pre season tour when some players didn't go we bought a striker who clearly was not fit and RN clearly did not know his best team with changes on a weekly basis. That may have been partly due to injury and suspension but nevertheless sometimes it seemed change for change sake.

We got to the Portsmouth game and our new Captain made comments about dressing room squabbles that after it had been leaked that Lewie had some sort of a confrontation with RN at Bury.

The Portsmouth game was the 14th October we are almost 4 months down the line and we have won just 2 yes TWO league games.

I was behind RN at the early part of that 4 month spell but quickly realised that he had to go but PW was all for keeping him probably in hope more than anything else. Lewie is banished to Charlton and everyone seemed to know that RN and his man management was part of the problem.

So we get to January and the Cobblers by which time the clock has struck for RN and PW goes to DM and KM.

I personally think they will in time do well the problem is that they have been left with a squad of players whose confidence is at rock bottom in a relegation scrap with strikers that cant score enough perhaps not given enough chances and things dont improve.

Now to make matters worse there are comments on here that DM is not the right man. How do these people know that how do those people know that even if we could have brought Pep relegation would not be the end result. They don't.

We are stuck with DM and KM like it or not so please give the negative comments a rest Im sure they are doing their best to get the club out of a mess they did not have any part in until now. Yes its a big ask but it would have been for any manager.

Im sure if PW could go back in time he would have dismissed RN before the time he did but hindsight is a wonderful thing and what we need to do is get behind them win lose or draw and hope League 2 is a thing of the past.

End of sermon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 am 

This is oblivious so good no one has criticised it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

Oblivious O'Good? He's the Irish team's mascot right? :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:35 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Did I say "oblivious" :oops: I meant his brother obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Brother Obviously? Excellent series with Derek Jacobi as that medieval monk chappie. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:49 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Brother Obviously? Excellent series with Derek Jacobi as that medieval monk chappie. :ugeek:

I believe you are thinking of Oh Brother with Derek Nimmo.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6csnw5