THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Osman Sow
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:45 am 

Sow is a natural goal scorer if he can get the space, but he's not getting the space in League 1, especially if the defenders have done their homework. He will come good in League 2. :D

We do seem have have a number of duff strikers recently, is there any reason?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am 

I really do think there is a player in there. As I said a full pre season and I think he could be good for us. I’ve not been impressed thus far but I can see what sort of assets he possesses and I hope they come to fruition.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 am 

Alby wrote:
I really do think there is a player in there. As I said a full pre season and I think he could be good for us. I’ve not been impressed thus far but I can see what sort of assets he possesses and I hope they come to fruition.

I really hope you are correct Alby although I am beginning to have my doubts.
He was pretty awful on Saturday although to be fair to the bloke sticking him out on the wing was never going to work.
I was there on Saturday (trying to figure out who Filthy is so I could encourage him to keep on biting the bullet..only another fifty weeks to go feller) and whatever our new Manager says we didn't create a single chance for our front men in the whole ninety minutes...The two we did get came from general pressure rather than creativity. Whilst they are ok players there is no way you could describe any of our mid field as creative
in the same way as Oztumer the Walsall number 10 and that does present a problem for any striker.
We do have a bit of that kind of talent out wide and you have to hope that when the likes of Rab C are fit they will be used on a regular basis.
Blimey I've just read what I've written and I'm starting to take it far too seriously. Sorry Gers..Won't happen again I promise...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm 

I am hoping DM and his team can start to get the best out of Sow...he clearly has potential based on his track record.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 pm 

Galverion wrote:
I am hoping DM and his team can start to get the best out of Sow...he clearly has potential based on his track record.

This. He's disappointed so far, but most are basing that on the fact he's barely scored. Show me many how chances he's missed before I count that against him.

If he's still not scoring once this team starts to provide him with opportunities then I'll join in the calls for him to be droppped.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Galverion wrote:

This. He's disappointed so far, but most are basing that on the fact he's barely scored. Show me many how chances he's missed before I count that against him.

If he's still not scoring once this team starts to provide him with opportunities then I'll join in the calls for him to be droppped.

Isn't it true that the good strikers know how to create space and be in a position to receive chances? I'm not laying all the blame on him but neither is he blameless (that is if we want to play the blame game).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:38 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Isn't it true that the good strikers know how to create space and be in a position to receive chances? I'm not laying all the blame on him but neither is he blameless (that is if we want to play the blame game).

I think all of these are right. We are clearly not creating many chances, and we don't have the money to buy a player capable of scoring a good amount of goals feeding on scraps. I'm sure if we had Grigg or Afobe up front they'd have scored more than Sow, Agard, etc, this season but we haven't, they're playing at better teams than us. And that's why.
It's not Sow's fault that he's a cheaper, inferior version of players of that calibre. The level of striker that we've ever been able to afford to buy permanently requires service, and probably more chances, to get goals compared to the higher quality striker that we've occasionally been able to get on loan.

You write a lot of sense, however lower league defenders should also be less able than higher ones, so it's swing and roundabouts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 am 

not impressed with sow or any of the supposed goal scoring forwards poor finishing from all

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:19 am 

Do we know how his injury is?

Radio silence I assume means we will hear tomorrow. Not sure if that's good or bad to be honest.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:53 pm 

Trouble is against Walsall I think he won one header against a shorter defender so couldn't flick anything on like chucks does. Does not seem as though his hearts in it.