THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The club can't win either way.

Allow big away allocations, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for being 'tinpot' and having a big stadium we can't fill ourselves as well as away fans potentially outnumbering home fans.

Limit allocations and the club misses out on much needed revenue, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for not allowing the extra allocation.

I'm in favour of just letting the club sell as many as they can to whoever they want. We have a 30k stadium that barely sees more than 10k most weeks. With the away attendances being large, we get overall attendances and revenue similar to some of the established bigger clubs like Charlton.

Over time, our home support will grow and we will fill this stadium one day, 20-30 years down the line. But until then, the club needs all the help it can to maintain and grow income, and tickets are a considerable part of that.

But when they sit in the home end and kick off with the home fans and scare kids who could be the future of our club in 20 years time is that worth it for a bit of extra cash short term?

They were given almost 8k and had a few fans in home areas, how is lowering their allocation going to help? It will just lead to more of them buying tickets in the home end.

This is why the postcode thing doesn't work. As stated above. There must be a way where this shit stops happening. I bet there will be a lot of Pompy fans in the home end on Saturday. If they keep themselves to themselves then fine, but I can't see that happening.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm 
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Allow big away allocations, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for being 'tinpot' and having a big stadium we can't fill ourselves as well as away fans potentially outnumbering home fans.

Limit allocations and the club misses out on much needed revenue, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for not allowing the extra allocation.

I'm in favour of just letting the club sell as many as they can to whoever they want. We have a 30k stadium that barely sees more than 10k most weeks. With the away attendances being large, we get overall attendances and revenue similar to some of the established bigger clubs like Charlton.

Over time, our home support will grow and we will fill this stadium one day, 20-30 years down the line. But until then, the club needs all the help it can to maintain and grow income, and tickets are a considerable part of that.

But when they sit in the home end and kick off with the home fans and scare kids who could be the future of our club in 20 years time is that worth it for a bit of extra cash short term?

Think that says more about our stewarding rather than a handful of fans buying tickets in the home end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:39 pm 

We either have to eject away fans in the home areas, or increase the away allocation. Both of which are never going to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:29 pm 

It doesn’t happen very often thank goodness, but I hate sitting near opposition fans. They score, celebrate however much they try to hide it, and from that moment everyone fucking hates the smug bastards.
Except D50, who wants to celebrate their success by having sex with them. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Think that says more about our stewarding rather than a handful of fans buying tickets in the home end.

Remind me of that whenever we play Luton, while the stewards deserve health & safety at work. They aren't tooled up like police and have a thankless task.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:41 pm 

Sausage wrote:
It doesn’t happen very often thank goodness, but I hate sitting near opposition fans. They score, celebrate however much they try to hide it, and from that moment everyone fucking hates the smug bastards.
Except D50, who wants to celebrate their success by having sex with them. ;)

At my age you take whatever opportunities you can get.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:11 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

They were given almost 8k and had a few fans in home areas, how is lowering their allocation going to help? It will just lead to more of them buying tickets in the home end.

This is why the postcode thing doesn't work. As stated above. There must be a way where this shit stops happening. I bet there will be a lot of Pompy fans in the home end on Saturday. If they keep themselves to themselves then fine, but I can't see that happening.

The answer is limiting some games to those with a purchase history. Lots of other clubs do this. Not a perfect system but way better than postcodes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 pm 

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about large away turnouts but I don't get why it's such a big issue? A few of our best games (Leicester, Leeds) were against massive oppo turnouts. The money is welcome, it's a nice change to actually not be able to hear a pin drop and there is rarely any trouble (a few scuffles in the home end - I've seen worse between our own fans, when worse for drink).

Put then I'm super-double-secret hard. The full Foffo Spearjig.*

*extra points for anyone who gets the reference. You sad bastard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion about large away turnouts but I don't get why it's such a big issue? A few of our best games (Leicester, Leeds) were against massive oppo turnouts. The money is welcome, it's a nice change to actually not be able to hear a pin drop and there is rarely any trouble (a few scuffles in the home end - I've seen worse between our own fans, when worse for drink).

You were hard before hard was hard, and you like beer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 pm 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

You were hard before hard was hard, and you like beer.

Hard. Hard boots. Hard dog. Hard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next