THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
This is the other thing that bugs me from what I have heard the amount of opposing fans in the home end. Obviously the postcode system doesn't work and this needs to be looked at in the future.

There is no way on this planet of determining the true allegiance of any random supporter if they don't want you to know. Unless they turn up at the box office wearing colours.

You can minimise it by not selling tickets on the day and requiring a bill with the address they are saying they live at.

Where you live proves nothing about who you support.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:31 pm 
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The club can't win either way.

Allow big away allocations, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for being 'tinpot' and having a big stadium we can't fill ourselves as well as away fans potentially outnumbering home fans.

Limit allocations and the club misses out on much needed revenue, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for not allowing the extra allocation.

I'm in favour of just letting the club sell as many as they can to whoever they want. We have a 30k stadium that barely sees more than 10k most weeks. With the away attendances being large, we get overall attendances and revenue similar to some of the established bigger clubs like Charlton.

Over time, our home support will grow and we will fill this stadium one day, 20-30 years down the line. But until then, the club needs all the help it can to maintain and grow income, and tickets are a considerable part of that.

Filthy, we agree!! :o :lol: :lol:

It's a Christmas miracle!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 pm 

dons50 wrote:
donmentor wrote:
This is the other thing that bugs me from what I have heard the amount of opposing fans in the home end. Obviously the postcode system doesn't work and this needs to be looked at in the future.

There is no way on this planet of determining the true allegiance of any random supporter if they don't want you to know. Unless they turn up at the box office wearing colours.

If they’re not causing trouble, what’s the problem?[/quote]

There should be no problem, but it grieves me deeply that in football there are some more interested in hating the opposition rather than concentrating on supporting their ( supposedly ) own team.

I wonder whether the potential problem is still bad enough to warrant maintaining segregation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 pm 

donmentor wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

You can minimise it by not selling tickets on the day and requiring a bill with the address they are saying they live at.

Where you live proves nothing about who you support.

No it doesn't, but if they are a supporter they should be registered already and I am referring to the casual last minute interest.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Allow big away allocations, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for being 'tinpot' and having a big stadium we can't fill ourselves as well as away fans potentially outnumbering home fans.

Limit allocations and the club misses out on much needed revenue, and get criticised by our and other club's fans for not allowing the extra allocation.

I'm in favour of just letting the club sell as many as they can to whoever they want. We have a 30k stadium that barely sees more than 10k most weeks. With the away attendances being large, we get overall attendances and revenue similar to some of the established bigger clubs like Charlton.

Over time, our home support will grow and we will fill this stadium one day, 20-30 years down the line. But until then, the club needs all the help it can to maintain and grow income, and tickets are a considerable part of that.

Filthy, we agree!! :o :lol: :lol:

It's a Christmas miracle!

Tell that to Hyde.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm 

donmentor wrote:
dons50 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

If they’re not causing trouble, what’s the problem?

There should be no problem, but it grieves me deeply that in football there are some more interested in hating the opposition rather than concentrating on supporting their ( supposedly ) own team.

I wonder whether the potential problem is still bad enough to warrant maintaining segregation.[/quote]

Bloody hell. I've agreed with Filthy and donmentor in the same thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm 

dons50 wrote:

A shame you are all wrong though. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:

A shame you are all wrong though. :D

Of course. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

But when they sit in the home end and kick off with the home fans and scare kids who could be the future of our club in 20 years time is that worth it for a bit of extra cash short term?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:10 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

But when they sit in the home end and kick off with the home fans and scare kids who could be the future of our club in 20 years time is that worth it for a bit of extra cash short term?

They were given almost 8k and had a few fans in home areas, how is lowering their allocation going to help? It will just lead to more of them buying tickets in the home end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next