THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:05 am
Posts: 273
Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)


I don't see him as a tight arse now he said we have lost £3 million in a year. However the appalling football played is a problem.


Yeah, I'm looking to see how that 3 million is reflected. It was immediately jumped on by some doom-mongerers that support our rivals as the first signs of impending liquidation ( :lol: ) but I think it was quite misleading to those that don't understand the set up here.

_________________
Decided to come back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 451
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)


I don't see him as a tight arse now he said we have lost £3 million in a year. However the appalling football played is a problem.


Yeah, I'm looking to see how that 3 million is reflected. It was immediately jumped on by some doom-mongerers that support our rivals as the first signs of impending liquidation ( :lol: ) but I think it was quite misleading to those that don't understand the set up here.


I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 397
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 179
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !


We haven't actually submitted a planning permission request yet have we?

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 179
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !


We haven't actually submitted a planning permission request yet have we?


Yes, several for both sites.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
donmentor wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !


We haven't actually submitted a planning permission request yet have we?


Yes, several for both sites.


I seem to remember that it was an environmental audit and to see if planning permission was required, not an actual submission.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 451
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).


How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.


So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !


We haven't actually submitted a planning permission request yet have we?


Yes, several for both sites.


I seem to remember that it was an environmental audit and to see if planning permission was required, not an actual submission.


Surely that would still cost money. I know a geologist and her company charge a fair whack for a site survey. Even so it all adds up regardless of what we paid cash for or not, but compensation has to be the main factor in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group