THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:04 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
A bold an ambitious appointment, but at completely the wrong time.

We needed an experienced man to set this team up to be hard to beat, to steal a goal here and there and get the points needed to survive.

Instead we’re trying to pass our way out of a relegation battle vainly trying to do it the ‘MK Way’ (whatever the hell that is) with a group of players who don’t appear to have the necessary quality.

Now was not the time for DM.

Another poor decision from PW imo.

How dare we try to pass and play football. Hoofball is what we want.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:05 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
donmentor wrote:
If you have nothing sensible or constructive to say, then best say nothing.

DM is no doubt very cheap, and therefore the best candidate for the Dons and Pete Winkelman.

Cheap and cheerful. It has it's positives.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm 

The BNE is only about 11 daze old innit? :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm 

donmentor wrote:
If you have nothing sensible or constructive to say, then best say nothing.

Are you the fella' who's a Luton supporter?

If so... Who gives a fuck what you have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:

We needed an experienced man to set this team up to be hard to beat, to steal a goal here and there and get the points needed to survive.

Instead we’re trying to pass our way out of a relegation battle vainly trying to do it the ‘MK Way’ (whatever the hell that is) with a group of players who don’t appear to have the necessary quality.

Nail on the head there mate. A friend of mine, a Liverpool fan, came with me today to Walsall and he mentioned what De Boer was trying to do at Palace...try and overnight change the whole style and ethos....but the problem was, he was not at City or Barca...he was working with what he had at Palace....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm 

And anyway, can anyone on TCR define what "the MK way" style is to everyone please ? Keep hear this banded about, but what does that mean ?

Do you mean the Danny Wilson style ? Gilligan's ? RDM's ? Allen's ? Robbo's ? Ince ? They were all different afterall !

I suspect most mean the Robbo era, and esp the promotion season right ? Good play and good results. But that was only 2 years max.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm 

Galverion wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

Nail on the head there mate. A friend of mine, a Liverpool fan, came with me today to Walsall and he mentioned what De Boer was trying to do at Palace...try and overnight change the whole style and ethos....but the problem was, he was not at City or Barca...he was working with what he had at Palace....

Yep, only City and Barcelona, can play the MK Way. I thought everyone knew that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Give him some time won't you. There are reasons we are in the position we are, which can't be fixed overnight and we will do well to survive, but I'm not writing off this season just yet.

I was one of the first to say he needed time when appointed. I am just saying, if there comes a time when we see no improvement, none of us should be afraid to raise our concerns and honest thoughts. But any of that will not be until way into next season.

And if we do go down - which I reckon is certain now - then DM should not take the blame for that.

If we do go down, then he should take some of the blame. We had just slipped to 21st when he took over, needing to climb just one place in the league with 18 games remaining. I'm sure that was hardly beyond the capabilities of a competent manager.
If he fails to lift us even one place in the table in 18 games then he deserves some criticism for what would be a poor effort.
Dan's a long term appointment and it was always a possibility that his inexperience would mean he was less likely to keep us up than an experienced manager. That's understandable and many of us accept that risk in order to return to the "MK way". But let's not pretend that relegation was, or is, inevitable, and that Dan's inexperience would play no part in the relegation if it occurs. Or his decision not to buy a striker in January. If the goals still fail to come from anyone but Chuks then that's a big mistake from Dan.

One lost league game and we're all sorry now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

Yep, only City and Barcelona, can play the MK Way. I thought everyone knew that.

Eh ? The point I am making was about De Boer, trying to change a club overnight - but not having the players to do so. I am not saying his style was the "MK way" ! Just cited him as an example. Keep up :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:28 pm 

Galverion wrote:
And anyway, can anyone on TCR define what "the MK way" style is to everyone please ? Keep hear this banded about, but what does that mean ?

Do you mean the Danny Wilson style ? Gilligan's ? RDM's ? Allen's ? Robbo's ? Ince ? They were all different afterall !

I suspect most mean the Robbo era, and esp the promotion season right ? Good play and good results. But that was only 2 years max.

The things I take as MK way, is that it isn't hoofball, but passing through the thirds; it is attacking, effective and exciting; that all the teams, from the youth teams to the seniors play it

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next