THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:16 am 

Would have preferred to see DM as an Assistant or First Team coach seeing as that’s what he is known for, coaching.

I would have thought money drove this appointment. PW said when RN was appointed that he took his time, had to pay compensation and would have had to put a package together to interest RN. With DM there was no compensation, no need to pay top dollar and an immediate start.

I hope he comes good, I really do, only time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
It amazes me that people haven't worked out youre a wum, galverion, that wasnt even around when times were good. As you were.

Thank you, Beardhidesboy64. But I do not set out to be a WUM. Ok, so I like to say some controversial things to get things going sometimes...otherwise TCR would be a dull place...but on this thread, I am merely raising the point that should DM not prove to be the right man, then nothing wrong to mention it....BUT as I said from the outset, I am really, really hoping that he will do a good job and things work out well.

Oh and for your records, I joined TCR when things were "going well"....and have been a Dons fan since Wimbledon moved up here. Were you at the early games at the NHS ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:11 pm 

You didnt raise a point. You said ha I told you so, undermined dans achievements to date, came across almost smug that we had lost 2 games to be able to say I told you so and after 1 week implied we should all be ready to get on his back like we did his predecessors. For starters it was only a few during most of robbos tenure that got on his back untill the real de line but he was offered a fair few years of lenience because we could all seee what he was trying to do and the football was almost always entertaining apart from the odd game like gillingham away. For the most part the fans enjoyed the football and we could buy into and see what he was doing. I expect the same will apply to dan whether that makes tcr an entertaining place or not. Anyone that was there yesterday would have heard dan exclaiming from the touchline to play quicker etc. The reason robbie was not afforded the time because noone could see what he was trying to implement and the football was dull.

Its already evident how dan wants his team to play.

If tcr was still a thing I would have a tenner with you that you werent on the keyser express and at the end of the day thats all that really matters haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 pm 

Looks like DM has his own branch of Momentum