THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)
http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/

Going down to league two might do us good
http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1036
Page 7 of 8

Author:  barry [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2

Author:  Brando [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

The main positive from any relegation is the clearout of the fan base - all of the “I’m not coming any more” tend to stop coming, and there tends to be a fairly strong correlation between them and the negative boo-brigade.

Author:  BertieWoostersDonsClub [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

I've got to say that I think the tone has got a little caustic on here the last few days. And it's difficult to see what everyone's really arguing about. This thread started with a suggestion that relegation might not be a bad thing but that he "doesn't want it to happen." Nobody wants us to go down. The only debate seems to be how potentially damaging a relegation would be. And yet the tone of some of the posts on this and, especially, on the 'Taxi For...' thread have been quite abrasive and personal. It's all felt like the last few weeks of the Neilson reign. We're two games into the supposed "feel good" return to the MK way. Yes, the results have been poor, but why are "we" (only some of us) turning on each other? It all feels like sniping and arguments for arguments sake.

Author:  familymkdonsfan [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

I sill maintain that there are so many poor teams in the league, that it is easy for any of the lower positioned teams to go on a good run and pull themselves to safety well before the end of the season. The good news is that team might be us, the bad news is that it could be any of the other lower teams.

Author:  barry [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

I take the it may be shite but its our shite view and nothing will stop me from renewing my season ticket but paying £68 per month plus away games must mean you are entitled to put your argument across.

Author:  Warwickdons [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
We will not get anywhere by our constant trial of total football playing it out from the back. We can't do it our players are not good enough. One weak link in the chain and it falls apart. How many times have we conceded goals trying to do it this season. Yesterday was another example. They can't score if its in their half of the pitch. Get it wide and get it in the box. If its put in the opposition box 30 times it stands to reason that you will have a better chance of scoring than the 4 or 5 times we get it in now. Strikers are having to complete 50% of their efforts to score a goal off of a couple of chances.


I think you've found something. Go and tell all the top coaches, you could be their adviser.

Dons50 in Sarcasm shock :o

Author:  dons50 [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.

Author:  BertieWoostersDonsClub [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no
successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.

I agree. But where does that leave the king of pumping the ball forward - my dear friend Tony Pulis - in the successful stakes? ;)
Then again, he mainly advocates pumping the balls into the corners, not the box. That way they can try and win a corner or a long throw to give his leading scorers (CB's) the chance to come forward. Oh, the beautiful game.

Author:  Russybcool [ Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.


As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!

Author:  dons50 [ Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Going down to league two might do us good

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.


As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!


The game has moved on since then.

Page 7 of 8 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/