THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1326
Thought he was very good today, despite the scoreline.

Continually advising Lewie and Nicholls at the back who seemed to be listening to him. Made a few well timed challenges and generally looked fairly solid, certainly more assured than the likes of Wootton and EEL.

Perhaps over the next few months he will do for us what Downing has been doing for Blackburn.

Thought Wootton was poor once again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:38 pm
Posts: 154
Agreed. Ward looks like a decent signing. Wootton the weak link today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
Stick Lewie or Williams in the middle with him and we have a chance.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 am
Posts: 669
FilthyDon wrote:
Thought he was very good today, despite the scoreline.

Continually advising Lewie and Nicholls at the back who seemed to be listening to him. Made a few well timed challenges and generally looked fairly solid, certainly more assured than the likes of Wootton and EEL.

Perhaps over the next few months he will do for us what Downing has been doing for Blackburn.

Thought Wootton was poor once again.

Yip, pleased we've got him. We've been needing an experienced leader at the back for some time.
Still wish we'd have brought in a striker. DM says ours are good enough just need better coaching so I'm not panicking. We've played 2 scored none since the better coaching began, but I'm not worried by that. Walsall's winner was scored by a striker that they did buy on deadline day. But that doesn't annoy me. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm
Posts: 702
Location: In the Armchair.
Thought he was sound today, would happily play him and Lewie as the centre half’s.

_________________
The APL voted Thread of the Year 2017 in the TCR Awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
Posts: 1034
I wasn't there so good to hear these positive views.

As for Wootton, do you remember when we got Walsh and folk said wait till you see his partner Wooton, he's the real deal? Folk are such wankers.

_________________
I don't need your ill-informed, half-baked, idiotic opinions. I have plenty of those myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: 1978/79
keyser soze wrote:
I wasn't there so good to hear these positive views.

As for Wootton, do you remember when we got Walsh and folk said wait till you see his partner Wooton, he's the real deal? Folk are such wankers.

Samuel Beckett put it rather more strongly. ;) ;)

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Posts: 475
Ward was solid overall, but the first few minutes seemed a bit too casual on the ball and did not chase down. Also, was it just me who thought he did not look too comfortable on the ball sometimes ? And obviously very much left-footed. However, he improved, and the block to stop the shot on our goal was good.

_________________
Where has Scumarmy gone ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Posts: 1326
Galverion wrote:
Ward was solid overall, but the first few minutes seemed a bit too casual on the ball and did not chase down. Also, was it just me who thought he did not look too comfortable on the ball sometimes ? And obviously very much left-footed. However, he improved, and the block to stop the shot on our goal was good.


Might have just been you. Ward’s debut was one of the most confident I’ve seen from a CB for us for a long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elliott Ward
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:54 pm
Posts: 92
I actually thought he looked pretty calm and controlled after the first few minutes.
What I liked was that he appeared to know where the threat was coming from and did something about it.

Actually felt a bit sorry for Wootton most of the game he looked fine and made a lot of headers,but seemed to have a 10 minute spell when he wasn’t at the races around the time they scored- why do defenders back off so far nowadays had he stood up and made a tackle outside the box may well have stopped the goal rather than backing off and letting them shoot at will.

If you attempt the tackle outside the box cover may also arrive.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BristolDon, mightydons


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group