THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: If that is it then.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 pm 

If nobody else comes in, fair enough played the right way , then these players should be good enough to beat the drop, a concern for me is will we score enough goals in the last 18 games, the scoring rate has to improve , if we want to stay up, who is going to get the goals for us.

Post subject: Re: If that is it then.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:54 pm 

Most good teams share the goals out. So would hope to see the midfield start helping out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:24 pm 

Steampunk Don wrote:
Most good teams share the goals out. So would hope to see the midfield start helping out.

It may surprise you to know that the midfield has scored roughly double what the recognised strikers have.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 pm 

It may surprise you to know that the midfield has scored roughly double what the recognised strikers have.[/quote]

Not really , Sow Agard as the recognised strikers have been woeful.

Really admire managements optimism if they think they are good enough, will admire their expertise and professionalism if they can get them both scoring.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 pm 
Aside from the team as a whole having to score more goals, Sow really has to up his game for the remainder of the season. No matter how you look at it, he has underperformed. He makes Nicky Maynard look productive. Needs to be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season or he has been a waste of money.

Likewise Agard, really should be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season.

We've been shocking on the goals front. Our lowest ever scoring season in League One is 45 goals in 2005/06 when we were last relegated to League Two. We're at 29 now with 17 games left so will have to average around 1 goal scored per game just to match that.

We really need to be looking at a new 'first choice' striker in the summer, ideally on a permanent as well as a creative mid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:22 pm 

Bitterly disappointed with Sow, he was supposed to be the mega signing, The you won’t believe who we’ve signed type player.

I think Neilson over hyped him, because he doesn’t look anything special, another striker who can’t score, I had rather hoped we would sign another forward, that doesn’t look like materialising now,

Sincerely hope DM can get our strikers scoring and pretty bloody quick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 pm 

It might not be.. Sunderland have just loaned out Ndong to Watford, meaning that if the rumours are true then Chuks Aneke will be signing for them. I really hope we turn the approach down but I really wouldnt count on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Bitterly disappointed with Sow, he was supposed to be the mega signing, The you won’t believe who we’ve signed type player.

I think Neilson over hyped him, because he doesn’t look anything special, another striker who can’t score, I had rather hoped we would sign another forward, that doesn’t look like materialising now,

Sincerely hope DM can get our strikers scoring and pretty bloody quick

I wouldn't hold your breath.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
It might not be.. Sunderland have just loaned out Ndong to Watford, meaning that if the rumours are true then Chuks Aneke will be signing for them. I really hope we turn the approach down but I really wouldnt count on it.

Sunderland have zero funds for Aneke, regardless of the Ndong deal. Nothing to see here....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:55 pm 

I will be disappointed if we don’t get a striker signed, I have been saying since last summer that we are light up front and I have not seen any signs of that changing, if we don’t get anyone in tomorrow I am expecting league 2 football next season as we need wins to stay up and without the firepower we aren’t going to get many