THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: If that is it then.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Aside from the team as a whole having to score more goals, Sow really has to up his game for the remainder of the season. No matter how you look at it, he has underperformed. He makes Nicky Maynard look productive. Needs to be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season or he has been a waste of money.

Likewise Agard, really should be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season.

We've been shocking on the goals front. Our lowest ever scoring season in League One is 45 goals in 2005/06 when we were last relegated to League Two. We're at 29 now with 17 games left so will have to average around 1 goal scored per game just to match that.

We really need to be looking at a new 'first choice' striker in the summer, ideally on a permanent as well as a creative mid.

So much of this. For years now we have bemoaned a lack of attempts from the lone striker and it was normally because they were getting no service.

Creativity is paramount when you play the formation we do and this is the reason why Sow Agard and even to a lesser extent Chucks struggle. Not cause they are not talented. They don't just become shit overnight, but they are not getting the service.
Nesbitt is the only creative one I can see and if he doesn't start I can see him going in the summer when we are preparing for league 2.

I know I'm looking way ahead here, and that I often bemoan teen loans, but a player I would love us try to get on loan next season is Angel Gomes from Man United. I've seen him play plenty of times for their academy and for England youth levels and he is a wonderfully skilful, creative playmaker who is perfect for the "MK way" and who would fit in anywhere in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1.
He'll be 18 next season and United would normally look at a championship loan given his age and ability, but if we can stay up this year then I think the Dan Micciche factor gives us a chance of bringing him to league one: Dan managed Gomes with England U-16 to great success, and with his reputation for developing players and his teams style of play being ideal for Gomes, then it could be beneficial for all parties.
It's a long shot but I'd love it. As regards technical ability, he's almost up there with Pogba and Rashford for recent stand-out United academy stars (mind you, so was Ravel Morrison and look at his career due to his terrible attitude). But so far Gomes has shown he has the ability to be a really good player and I find him a joy to watch. I can see him now, linking up with Sow. A future PL and CL star, combining with a kid off United. ;)
Really hope this is where Dan's youth contacts come in useful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I know I'm looking way ahead here, and that I often bemoan teen loans, but a player I would love us try to get on loan next season is Angel Gomes from Man United. I've seen him play plenty of times for their academy and for England youth levels and he is a wonderfully skilful, creative playmaker who is perfect for the "MK way" and who would fit in anywhere in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1.
He'll be 18 next season and United would normally look at a championship loan given his age and ability, but if we can stay up this year then I think the Dan Micciche factor gives us a chance of bringing him to league one: Dan managed Gomes with England U-16 to great success, and with his reputation for developing players and his teams style of play being ideal for Gomes, then it could be beneficial for all parties.
It's a long shot but I'd love it. As regards technical ability, he's almost up there with Pogba and Rashford for recent stand-out United academy stars (mind you, so was Ravel Morrison and look at his career due to his terrible attitude). But so far Gomes has shown he has the ability to be a really good player and I find him a joy to watch. I can see him now, linking up with Sow. A future PL and CL star, combining with a kid off United. ;)
Really hope this is where Dan's youth contacts come in useful.

Completely agree with this wise chap.
("Why, thank you Bertie." "My pleasure Mr Wooster.")
Gomes was absolutely class again in midweek for United's U-19's. I think he's probably out of our league, but if Dan could somehow pull off this transfer it would be a real coup.
It's a good call from Bertie. Oh stop it, Mr Wooster, you flatter me so.
I may be a little drunk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:28 pm 

Just a little... :lol: