THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 pm 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE RESULTS & REVIEW BLACKBURN
I have to say I’m pleased with the application we showed in periods of the first half, and for the majority of the second half, and when you look at the calibre of the opposition, I would not be writing us off just yet.

Blackburn aren’t top out of luck, they are a bloody good team with the likes of Mulgrew, Armstrong and Dack, and for large periods of the game they were hanging on after largely outclassing us in the first half, and with a little bit of luck we could have had a penalty with at least three or four good shouts, and of course Raya had a good game between the sticks.

I pointed out after Thursday’s game our fragility against Gillingham down our left side, Muirhead had a poor game that night, was probably scouted as well, and a weakness was possibly identified as Blackburn seemed to concentrate their efforts that side, with that killer ball being sought on several occasions, we got away with a couple but Muirhead and then Lewie got left one on one, and the result was two very similar goals as Armstrong tore them both a new backside.

The introduction of Golbourne as a dedicated full back put paid to Armstrong, its just a pity that the warning after the first goal wasn’t heeded, and we succumbed to a second, after I thought we were unlucky not to be level.

Thought our attempts to get something out of the game were admirable, and showed that whoever the opposition are we are more than a match, which gives me hope that we may get something out of our remaining games, although I fear we may have to do it in our final 5 games, with a fear inducing trip to Wigan next on the cards.

Oh well......we’re still in it, until its mathematically impossible, so we shouldn’t lose heart over a game many didn’t think we could win, and in honesty we deserved a point I felt, an in losing by a single goal it wasn’t a car crash.

Looking at the APL this week the DOUBLE POINTS really shook the table up, leader Scribble failed to score, and SG19 took full advantage and now sits top of the table, but the big winner this week was FilthyDon who scored a massive 30 points by predicting Pawlett and 2-1 to Blackburn, and leaps into the TOP 6 and gets another mention in the APL Hall of Fame. Next best was former APL Champion Woburn who scored 24 points by predicting Pawlett and an incorrect score win to Blackburn, and they were the only two that predicted Pawlett, 7 others correctly predicted a 2-1 defeat and get 10 points for their trouble, the remainder predicted a defeat for the Dons by the wrong scoreline and get 4 points each.

This week 21 predictors out of the 36 taking part scored a total of 172 points between them.

The Wigan thread will be out tomorrow morning, and the following predictors must make their predictions to me via PM before midnight Friday April 6th.

SG19 Cowshed das Boot
Scribble
FilthyDon
Southstander
BertieWoostersDonsClub
Camdenite

The remainder of you can predict and edit in the same manner, with the 1 hour before kick-off deadline remaining.

Cheers for Now

8-) WellDon

THE APL HALL OF FAME.
3 – MK59DON, Southstander
2 – FilthyDon, Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble, Dazzerdon, Greg, BertieWoostersDonsClub, Oldfarmdons
1 – mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Fraser, RedDotDon, SG19 Cowshed das Boot, Matthew. Nobbydon, WellDon, Mightydons, Oldbloke, chrisdon

APL LEAGUE TABLE 2017/18
156 POINTS – SG19 Cowshed das Boot
153 POINTS – Scribble
136 POINTS – FilthyDon, Southstander
123 POINTS – BertieWoostersDonsClub, Camdenite

118 POINTS - Sparky
117 POINTS – Nobbydon
111 POINTS - Woburn
101 POINTS – TomMac&Ernie
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon, Greg
85 POINTS – Bloxham Don
84 POINTS – mightydons