THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 777
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?


He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 900
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?


He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.


It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise. I don't claim to be a football expert, but neither do I think I am superior in my beliefs, act patronisingly and I try not be condensing to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 417
Sausage wrote:
Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?


He’s primarily a centre back. He spent all his Academy career with us as a CB, and it was only that he was left footed and capable of playing the position that he broke though at left back*. The same thing happened at Everton.

I remember Everton fans at the time speculating that the long term plan from Martinez was a Stones/Galloway pairing at the back.

*-I’m sure I recall him playing some games for us centrally though. Lewie didn’t get injured THAT much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 417
ReturnofMoo wrote:

It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.


I’m cutting DM some slack over that. His logic was that the best long distance passer of the ball in the team was left footed and therefore more suited in an attacking sense than having George Williams constantly having to check back on to his right foot to pass. Cisse played some decent first time balls down that flank that George could never have made.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 pm
Posts: 887
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?


He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.


It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.


Difference being Cisse has never played LB Afro is and Galloway has played centre half for us. He’s filled in that slot a few times in games he’d played for us and has played there for Everton.

_________________
Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 900
Alby wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?


He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.


It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.


Difference being Cisse has never played LB Afro is and Galloway has played centre half for us. He’s filled in that slot a few times in games he’d played for us and has played there for Everton.


He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13152 ... n-Galloway

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise. I don't claim to be a football expert, but neither do I think I am superior in my beliefs, act patronisingly and I try not be condensing to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 417
ReturnofMoo wrote:

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13152 ... n-Galloway


See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 900
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13152 ... n-Galloway


See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.


He was centre back in the youth team, but has no / little experience of being centre back for the men's team. It may work out that he is centre half in the future although he just over 6', but is this the time to experiment?

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise. I don't claim to be a football expert, but neither do I think I am superior in my beliefs, act patronisingly and I try not be condensing to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm
Posts: 233
He must have more pace than EEL and probably a better left foot.
The club in his DNA
im sure hell do a decent job

_________________
BUT I'M KIND OF COMFORTABLE WITH GETTING OLDER BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN THE OTHER OPTION, WHICH IS BEING DEAD. SO I'LL TAKE GETTING OLDER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 900
APMKDon wrote:
He must have more pace than EEL and probably a better left foot.
The club in his DNA
im sure hell do a decent job


So has Adam Chicksen but I wouldn't get him as a centre back.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise. I don't claim to be a football expert, but neither do I think I am superior in my beliefs, act patronisingly and I try not be condensing to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kawasakitwin, Kempstondons6, LouisMKD, Sausage, Thedonandonly, Toby Carvery


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group