THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13152 ... n-Galloway

See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.

He played CM most of the time for us, except once against Spurs U23's where he played LB and kept Andros Townsend in his pocket all game.

The stats don't back you up. For us he only started 1 games as CB and lasted 58'. He seems to have been brought on for a midfielder a lot. He started two games at left back, although he did get sent off for one. :(

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brendan ... verein/991

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.

He played CM most of the time for us, except once against Spurs U23's where he played LB and kept Andros Townsend in his pocket all game.

The stats don't back you up. For us he only started 1 games as CB and lasted 58'. He seems to have been brought on for a midfielder a lot. He started two games at left back, although he did get sent off for one. :(

My memory must be pants then, because I'm convinced I remember him as a CDM and was surprised when he played LB against Spurs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

The sending off was at Rotherham (Where's Wally day) when he was last man and pretty much prevented a certain goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:41 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.

I’m cutting DM some slack over that. His logic was that the best long distance passer of the ball in the team was left footed and therefore more suited in an attacking sense than having George Williams constantly having to check back on to his right foot to pass. Cisse played some decent first time balls down that flank that George could never have made.

Got exactly that feedback from one of my Coventry supporting drivers yesterday, was very impressed with Cisse's rang of passing..... wasn't impressed with to much else to be fair !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 am 

Woburn wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I’m cutting DM some slack over that. His logic was that the best long distance passer of the ball in the team was left footed and therefore more suited in an attacking sense than having George Williams constantly having to check back on to his right foot to pass. Cisse played some decent first time balls down that flank that George could never have made.

Got exactly that feedback from one of my Coventry supporting drivers yesterday, was very impressed with Cisse's rang of passing..... wasn't impressed with too much else to be fair !

That's why we need a new range of pies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

My memory must be pants then, because I'm convinced I remember him as a CDM and was surprised when he played LB against Spurs.

He did start one as defensive midfield as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Woburn wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Got exactly that feedback from one of my Coventry supporting drivers yesterday, was very impressed with Cisse's rang of passing..... wasn't impressed with too much else to be fair !

That's why we need a new range of pies.

:lol: But which the MK way pie?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:09 pm 

Perhaps he can still come in as defensive midfield if EEL leaves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:55 am 

Didn't John Stones play his first Everton games as a right-back. It's less pressure as a full-back than as a centre-back, and mistakes are less heavily punished, so some managers will start the CBs out wide before moving them into the middle when they've got a bit more experience and confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:04 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
Didn't John Stones play his first Everton games as a right-back. It's less pressure as a full-back than as a centre-back, and mistakes are less heavily punished, so some managers will start the CBs out wide before moving them into the middle when they've got a bit more experience and confidence.

Somehow I don't think Pep will be putting in a bid for Brendan today. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next