THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Galloway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 pm 

Sky Sports are reporting that Galloway wants to return to the club. Seeing as Tymon's signing appears to be imminent, he'd be a good centre half option; that's where he played a lot for Everton's academy. I'd love him back and he's one of the most talented young players that we've had at the club bar a certain Dele Alli.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... to-mk-dons

Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 pm 

I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:47 pm 

Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?

Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:54 pm 

Not quite sure if he’s the answer short term, but then again if anybody can revive his career it’s going to be Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:07 pm 

If the boy is one with the mentality of “I don’t care what League I’m in as long as I’m playing football” then that says a lot about his mentality. For good or for bad he realises his career has stalled and he isn’t going around for a Premier loan thinking he’s better than he currently is. I think he’s better than us, mind, so would be a coup.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm 

It would be AMAZING if we got him.

He’s a real talent and the fact that he wants to leave a huge club to come to a struggling league 1 team is amazing News. If anyone has expectations of getting someone better than Galoway in this window then they are dreaming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:33 pm 

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm 

Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:

Let's hope not. We love our players to play in positions they've never played in before. It's the MK Way 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 am 

would be great to have him back. as far as centre-back goes, i wasn’t there on saturday but based on the highlights all three players we put there produced an absolute clanger, so why not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:19 am 

Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:

He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.