THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:03 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
Didn't John Stones play his first Everton games as a right-back. It's less pressure as a full-back than as a centre-back, and mistakes are less heavily punished, so some managers will start the CBs out wide before moving them into the middle when they've got a bit more experience and confidence.

Somehow I don't think Pep will be putting in a bid for Brendan today. :D

Nah. Pep will wait, let some-one else do the developing, then pay about £80 million (taking inflation into account) for him in a few seasons time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
Didn't John Stones play his first Everton games as a right-back. It's less pressure as a full-back than as a centre-back, and mistakes are less heavily punished, so some managers will start the CBs out wide before moving them into the middle when they've got a bit more experience and confidence.

Nah. Pep will wait, let some-one else do the developing, then pay about £80 million (taking inflation into account) for him in a few seasons time

Ask Stones, Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph how Pep is at developing players. There are many others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:35 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Completely out of the blue win for Sunderland, 4-1 away to Derby, which moved them off the bottom.
But once again Brendon Galloway wasn't in the matchday squad. Instead he's been playing for their U-23's.
If he's only playing for the U23's of a bottom of the championship club then, next season, if we're still in league one, I think we'd have a chance to get him on loan.
And I think he'd fit in well to Dan's formation as he could play in 3 positions in it: LWB, LCB, and DM.
And as we'd need to replace EEL and Tymon we'd definitely be looking at those positions.

Of course, that's all for later and all dependent on survival. But just a thought on a quiet night on here.

PS: Can this thread be moved to Tombit Corner to make it easier to find?

He isn't even close to the Sunderland match day squad. Hasn't been for months. In a truly awful Sunderland team, he has been deemed too awful to risk playing him. Amazing fall from grace.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:47 pm 

If there's anyone who BG would trust to get his confidence back, it will be Dan.......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:37 pm 

talented player dont know why its all gone so wrong for him, from everton first team to sunderland stiffs in no time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:49 pm 
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Completely out of the blue win for Sunderland, 4-1 away to Derby, which moved them off the bottom.
But once again Brendon Galloway wasn't in the matchday squad. Instead he's been playing for their U-23's.
If he's only playing for the U23's of a bottom of the championship club then, next season, if we're still in league one, I think we'd have a chance to get him on loan.
And I think he'd fit in well to Dan's formation as he could play in 3 positions in it: LWB, LCB, and DM.
And as we'd need to replace EEL and Tymon we'd definitely be looking at those positions.

Of course, that's all for later and all dependent on survival. But just a thought on a quiet night on here.

PS: Can this thread be moved to Tombit Corner to make it easier to find?

He isn't even close to the Sunderland match day squad. Hasn't been for months. In a truly awful Sunderland team, he has been deemed too awful to risk playing him. Amazing fall from grace.

Wouldn't call it a "fall from grace" - he's hardly been a regular for anybody, including us and Everton. He's just out of favour and other players are better than him in his position. Doesn't mean he won't be useful to a Prem, Championship or L1 team.

Clearly has something about him, players go through bad spells (look at Dele with Spurs). If he is going to be available in the summer, it might be a bit of a coup for DM to get him at this level.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:45 am 

I think Dan made the right choice in signing Elliot Ward over him though. He’s been great.

I’d have him back next year though. Which I expect to happen if we are in L1

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:24 am 

Alby wrote:
I think Dan made the right choice in signing Elliot Ward over him though. He’s been great.

Welsh George left under a cloud and came back, so I wouldn’t rule out Galloway.

My concern is... how good is he now? He has only started 28 league games in the 7 years since he left us.

If he can’t get into a shit Championship team, is he suddenly going to be a solid player in a team hoping to be competitive in L1?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:28 am 

Sausage wrote:
Alby wrote:

Welsh George left under a cloud and came back, so I wouldn’t rule out Galloway.

My concern is... how good is he now? He has only started 28 league games in the 7 years since he left us.

If he can’t get into a shit Championship team, is he suddenly going to be a solid player in a team hoping to be competitive in L1?

Fair question. The majority of those games have been in the premiership, it’s reasonable to think he would be very good at our level. He needs to be playing games for someone pretty soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am 

BristolDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

Then let's get the bugger signed up!
Let DM develop him and in a couple of years well have £80m plus the Dele sell-on.
Just think of the calibre of teen loans we could get with that.
...And how many koi carp pools we could build. :)

(As Keyser would say - although possibly not in this context) The guy gets it. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next