THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walsall
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:29 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
But the main reason you go to the cinema is to watch a movie. Not to eat popcorn. The main reason you go to a football ground is to watch football, not to drink beer.

I get that it goes hand in hand. But its not like you can take it to your seat. You can however, take a bag of popcorn to your seat at watch the movie at the same time. I just don't get why that makes the day out shitter that for 2 hours you can't drink booze.

Just does, perhaps I'm too simple. Doesn't ruin the day, but it's a negative.

Go watch rugby, you can drink as much as you want in your seat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 pm 

Don927 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
But the main reason you go to the cinema is to watch a movie. Not to eat popcorn. The main reason you go to a football ground is to watch football, not to drink beer.

I get that it goes hand in hand. But its not like you can take it to your seat. You can however, take a bag of popcorn to your seat at watch the movie at the same time. I just don't get why that makes the day out shitter that for 2 hours you can't drink booze.

Just does, perhaps I'm too simple. Doesn't ruin the day, but it's a negative.

Go watch rugby, you can drink as much as you want in your seat.

Go watch football in Germany and you can drink beer in your seat/safe standing area.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Did you stop to think that maybe they didn't stock beer on the final day of the season? As I have said before if you can't go 2 hours without a beer that is a little sad.

As for the restricted view. It is a big old stand and we take bugger all in away support. I am sure you can find a seat that isn't directly behind a pillar.

I enjoy a beer at football, it goes hand in hand really, think that's the same for a lot of people who go.

So you are paying £20 tomorrow for the privilege of having a warm beer out of a plastic bottle? That is so sad. he was me thinking you go for the football :roll:

If that makes me sad then I’m sad. I won’t lose sleep over that opinion. I go to the cinema and sometimes have popcorn. Do I need it every time? No. Do I like it? Yes. Does it go hand in hand? Yes.

No. It doesn’t make it “shitter” just makes the experience inside the stadium a bit worse when you can’t get a beer. In the same way met at Forest Green might make it a bit nicer an experience. Won’t stop you from going but it’s a general low point

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm 

This might be a good point to ask my question.....I don't go to football for a pie but I do quite like the "pie and a pint" at the football tradition, minus the pint as I mostly go with family and don't tend to have a pint. So a pie. What's the food like at Walsall? I went last year but can't remember much about it (clearly not due to pint consumption) - I always admire those who can recall a ground or a match from 2 seasons ago, I can't even remember the Walsall ground and pie quality. Is the food typical there, terrible etc? I think Stadium MK is quality when it comes to concessions and the piglets pantry pies are definitely up there if not the best of any ground I've sampled at - my brother in law is a Liverpool fan and noted the quality. My god this has turned into Pie review post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:02 pm 

Silverous wrote:
This might be a good point to ask my question.....I don't go to football for a pie but I do quite like the "pie and a pint" at the football tradition, minus the pint as I mostly go with family and don't tend to have a pint. So a pie. What's the food like at Walsall? I went last year but can't remember much about it (clearly not due to pint consumption) - I always admire those who can recall a ground or a match from 2 seasons ago, I can't even remember the Walsall ground and pie quality. Is the food typical there, terrible etc? I think Stadium MK is quality when it comes to concessions and the piglets pantry pies are definitely up there if not the best of any ground I've sampled at - my brother in law is a Liverpool fan and noted the quality. My god this has turned into Pie review post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:17 pm 

Silverous wrote:

If they don't have your favorite flavor then please feel free to call it a worse day out because of it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm 

Not up to MK standard, but clearly has positives, plus if you go up by coach you get a free breakfast.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/stats ... d/league-1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Silverous wrote:

If they don't have your favorite flavor then please feel free to call it a worse day out because of it.

I don’t think you get it

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm 

It amazes me that supposedly intelligent adults can't grasp the very simple concept that different people can do the same thing for different reasons.

Some people go to an away match to watch and support the team. Some people go for a booze-up with their mates. Some people go for a bit of both. All of them are perfectly fine. None of them make anybody 'sad' or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 pm 

I go to stadium mk as the seats are comfy...if mk dons win, even better... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next