THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walsall
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Gers wrote:
Been a fair few times. The Saddlers bar is by far and away the best supporter bar I've ever been in. Make sure you have their porter. Amazing stuff.

All of this.

Fully agreed - lovely day out, Banks's beer -mmmm taste of growing up. Soft spot for Walsall as my first full time job was there

Saddlers bar is great and it's a nice little stadium. Only up the road really so its a great day out

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm 

Saddlers club was £3-00 a pint and £2-00 for a pie or burger. Good atmosphere and we are next to the big screen for replays

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm 
Really not understanding the love for Walsall away. Has to be one of the dullest in the season.

Shit stadium (one of the worst in the league IMO), poor service and no beer inside (usually a queue of about 50 people for half an hour from the shack in the corner serving about 5 things), stadium is basically in the middle of an industrial estate and nothing decent in Walsall town. Restricted view too from some parts of the away end with the stand supports.

Yes there's the Saddlers bar, but its no different to any other reasonable pub/supporters bar at other grounds. Beer certainly isn't anything extraordinary (but I find it hard to describe any beer as "special" or "excellent", just some are slightly better than others). Hardly a complex 30 year old single malt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Really not understanding the love for Walsall away. Has to be one of the dullest in the season.

Shit stadium (one of the worst in the league IMO), poor service and no beer inside (usually a queue of about 50 people for half an hour from the shack in the corner serving about 5 things), stadium is basically in the middle of an industrial estate and nothing decent in Walsall town. Restricted view too from some parts of the away end with the stand supports.

Yes there's the Saddlers bar, but its no different to any other reasonable pub/supporters bar at other grounds. Beer certainly isn't anything extraordinary (but I find it hard to describe any beer as "special" or "excellent", just some are slightly better than others). Hardly a complex 30 year old single malt.

See that black thing over there? It's black. What colour would you argue it is?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm 
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

You seem to be suggesting that I disagree with everything for the sake of disgareeing? Just an opinion Gers, people have them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

You seem to be suggesting that I disagree with everything for the sake of disgareeing? Just an opinion Gers, people have them.

Speaking of opinions. I'm not going Saturday, but if there's trouble I'll be offering mine on something I didn't witness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm 

Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Speaking of opinions. I'm not going Saturday, but if there's trouble I'll be offering mine on something I didn't witness.

You bad man. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:04 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

Well, here's a detailed explanation for you:

No beer inside: no longer the case, according to Football Ground Guide.

Stadium is basically in the middle of an industrial estate and nothing decent in Walsall town: you could say exactly the same about a lot of other stadia, including our own.

Restricted views in the away end: not really much of a problem with our levels of away support.

Saddlers Bar no different to any other reasonable pub/supporters bar at other grounds: I'd be interested to hear your views on which are better. In my extensive experience, Saddlers is without equal, for reasons already stated on this thread by a number of people. Stevenage, Bury and Hartlepool are all good, but much smaller and more basic.

Beer certainly isn't anything extraordinary: subjective, of course, but there are very few places you can go that close to any football ground with that wide a choice of sensibly priced beers and ales.

Hardly a complex 30 year old single malt: I enjoy my whiskeys just as much as my beers, and I can taste equally different ranges of flavours in beers as in whiskeys. If you can't, then you're probably drinking the wrong beers!

Ultimately, it's an easy and cheap day out from MK by train, the stadium is right by the station, and a very good bar (in the opinion of many of us) is right next door. For the basic stuff that makes a good away day, it ticks all the boxes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 pm 

Stevenage, I forgot about Stevenage. It's also good.

But it's no Walsall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 pm 
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Nothing wrong with giving an opinion, even if you didn't witness something as we've already discussed - otherwise there would be no point in history lessons. And as you're referring to the other thread, I made an assumption not an opinion. Different things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next