THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Walsall
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am 

Disappointed to lose to Coventry, but at the end of the day was the FA Cup.

Away at Walsall is a far bigger game....first league test for DM.

Anyone been to Walsall before ? Will be a new ground for me.

Post subject: Re: Walsall
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 am 

Would happily take the defeat v cov even if, which is highly likely they get a big draw next round as long as we get three points at Walsall.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:30 am 

Galverion wrote:

Nice ground. Shit town. Great supporters bar. Always enjoyed Walsall and this season it is the local game for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:31 am 
Russybcool wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Nice ground. Shit town. Great supporters bar. Always enjoyed Walsall and this season it is the local game for me.

Likewise. It's a really, really shit place. Only Luton is worse. Maybe parts of London like Harlesden.

I think the ground is shit too to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:47 am 

Galverion wrote:

THE STADIUM
The 11,300 all seater Banks’s Stadium (Sat Nav – WS1 4SA), well it was the last time I looked, as I’m pretty sure its had a few names over the years, and its an 83 mile journey from SMK

We should be in the University of Wolverhampton Stand behind the goal, there are a few pillars to obstruct your view, but the end has a capacity of about 2,000, so that shouldn’t be a problem, and the acoustics are pretty good as well, so we should be able to get the atmos going however many we can encourage to go.

It’s a friendly place, the food is the usual football ground fayre, stewards seem ok, but there was a large police contingent last time we visited, and I would guess there will be again, especially after the Cobblers game.

The highlight for many though is the Saddlers Club by the ground, it’s a bit like a Sports & Social, away fans are welcome in colours, cheapish beer, Real Ale, hot food, Sky TV, and is generally full of Dons fans, admission last season was just £2, under 16’s are free.

Driving up is straight forward, Junction 7 onto the A34 and follow the signs to the Bescot Stadium Blue Zone car park, which is first come first served basis, and is £4.

Its also easy by train, a frequent match day service runs from Birmingham New Street to the Bescot Stadium Station, the journey takes about 20 minutes, and its just a couple of minutes’ walk to the Stadium.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:51 am 

WellDon wrote:
Galverion wrote:

THE STADIUM
The 11,300 all seater Banks’s Stadium (Sat Nav – WS1 4SA), well it was the last time I looked, as I’m pretty sure its had a few names over the years, and its an 83 mile journey from SMK

We should be in the University of Wolverhampton Stand behind the goal, there are a few pillars to obstruct your view, but the end has a capacity of about 2,000, so that shouldn’t be a problem, and the acoustics are pretty good as well, so we should be able to get the atmos going however many we can encourage to go.

It’s a friendly place, the food is the usual football ground fayre, stewards seem ok, but there was a large police contingent last time we visited, and I would guess there will be again, especially after the Cobblers game.

The highlight for many though is the Saddlers Club by the ground, it’s a bit like a Sports & Social, away fans are welcome in colours, cheapish beer, Real Ale, hot food, Sky TV, and is generally full of Dons fans, admission last season was just £2, under 16’s are free.

Driving up is straight forward, Junction 7 onto the A34 and follow the signs to the Bescot Stadium Blue Zone car park, which is first come first served basis, and is £4.

Its also easy by train, a frequent match day service runs from Birmingham New Street to the Bescot Stadium Station, the journey takes about 20 minutes, and its just a couple of minutes’ walk to the Stadium.

Cheers WellDon.

I work with a Walsall fan and he also mentioned that Saddlers Club, sounds a good bet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Would happily take the defeat v cov even if, which is highly likely they get a big draw next round as long as we get three points at Walsall.

Not overly bothered we missed out on a trip to Albion it has to be said. Wouldn’t have been worth a tremendous amount of money.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:05 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Likewise. It's a really, really shit place. Only Luton is worse. Maybe parts of London like Harlesden.

I think the ground is shit too to be honest.

You've sold it to me. I'm going. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm 

Been a fair few times. The Saddlers bar is by far and away the best supporter bar I've ever been in. Make sure you have their porter. Amazing stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 pm 

Gers wrote:
Been a fair few times. The Saddlers bar is by far and away the best supporter bar I've ever been in. Make sure you have their porter. Amazing stuff.

All of this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next