THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:32 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Will be interesting to see how the league shapes up following January signings.

Some that I noted were interesting yesterday -

McKirdy returning to Swindon
Kirk returning to Crewe
Marriot to Wrexham

Swindon, Gillingham, AFC and Wrexham all seemed pretty busy yesterday. Not sure on the overall quality though.

Re: AFC's signings - not sure how good Jonjo O'Toole is now he's in his mid 30's, but during his Bristol Rovers and Nothampton days he was a good, if irritating, player. Certainly the name Tool suits him!
And Josh Kelly looks an interesting gamble - been a very good non-league scorer, at least. Though it's to replace their top scorer, Ali Al-Hamadi - who joined Ipswich - so at least they've lost his goals.

Swindon's signings look good - McKirdy returning as you say; Drinan did very well last season at champion's Orient; and Sean McGurk is an interesting youngster dropping down from Leeds. Seen him a few times at youth levels and he always seemed decent, and was one of those highly rated young players Wigan lost to higher clubs when they had huge money troubles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:35 am 

Suppose Leko returning may have had a bearing on a final signing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:42 am 

Plum wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Will be interesting to see how the league shapes up following January signings.

Some that I noted were interesting yesterday -

McKirdy returning to Swindon
Kirk returning to Crewe
Marriot to Wrexham

Swindon, Gillingham, AFC and Wrexham all seemed pretty busy yesterday. Not sure on the overall quality though.

Re: AFC's signings - not sure how good Jonjo O'Toole is now he's in his mid 30's, but during his Bristol Rovers and Nothampton days he was a good, if irritating, player. Certainly the name Tool suits him!
And Josh Kelly looks an interesting gamble - been a very good non-league scorer, at least. Though it's to replace their top scorer, Ali Al-Hamadi - who joined Ipswich - so at least they've lost his goals.

Swindon's signings look good - McKirdy returning as you say; Drinan did very well last season at champion's Orient; and Sean McGurk is an interesting youngster dropping down from Leeds. Seen him a few times at youth levels and he always seemed decent, and was one of those highly rated young players Wigan lost to higher clubs when they had huge money troubles.

Yeah I remember looking up McGurk when Jackson became manager as thought he may be one we looked to loan at the time. Recall being very impressed with what I saw but of course, at youth level. will be interesting to see if he can make to step up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:03 pm 

Is Grant staying or going?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:05 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Is Grant staying or going?

I'd suspect it wasn't done in time but both clubs may be waiting for confirming on that. If nothing announced by 5pm today, then he's staying I reckon. Shame for him, as it's not looking like he'll feature much here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:15 pm 

Toby Lock has just tweeted about getting dragged in on his day off. Something could be about to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:18 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Toby Lock has just tweeted about getting dragged in on his day off. Something could be about to happen.

Yeah, why do I have a bad feeling about this? He's included Max Dean in his predicated line up tomorrow though.

Pulling him in on his day off for a Grant loan to Barnsley would be a bit overkill.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:21 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Yeah, why do I have a bad feeling about this? He's included Max Dean in his predicated line up tomorrow though.

Pulling him in on his day off for a Grant loan to Barnsley would be a bit overkill.

Yeah I'm worried now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:23 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Yeah I'm worried now.

On the flip side, it could be us delving into the free agent market. A lot of contracts cancelled by mutual consent over the last few days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:24 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Yeah I'm worried now.

On the flip side, it could be us delving into the free agent market. A lot of contracts cancelled by mutual consent over the last few days.

I admire the optimism but I just don't think we need any further additions. Hopefully it is just Grant/Smith out on loan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next