THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:30 am 

I went to pretty much every home match and to just over a third of the aways this season. Next season is interesting for me as my eldest is at uni miles aways so doesnt currently come and my youngest has chosen to get his season ticket in block 11 with his mates.

With that in mind, Im not so sure I will be there as much next season and despite saying the same last season and then caving in anyway, I dont think I will be renewing my season ticket next season.

Theres various reasons including the above mentioned one, needing to spend more time doing other things, not enjoying it nearly as much as previously, not feeling any connection to the club currently.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:04 am 

Magpie wrote:
I went to pretty much every home match and to just over a third of the aways this season. Next season is interesting for me as my eldest is at uni miles aways so doesnt currently come and my youngest has chosen to get his season ticket in block 11 with his mates.

With that in mind, Im not so sure I will be there as much next season and despite saying the same last season and then caving in anyway, I dont think I will be renewing my season ticket next season.

Theres various reasons including the above mentioned one, needing to spend more time doing other things, not enjoying it nearly as much as previously, not feeling any connection to the club currently.

I think most sports fans have some 'considerations' at the end of a season (especially one with a sad end)...couple of months off and the deluded optimism restarts again ...you'll be there!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:17 am 

Leighton wrote:
Magpie wrote:

I think most sports fans have some 'considerations' at the end of a season (especially one with a sad end)...couple of months off and the deluded optimism restarts again ...you'll be there!

In previous seasons I think I would have agreed with you, certainly last season I was resolved to not renewing and picking my home and aways to suit but caved last minute and ended up going to about the same amount of matches as usual.

For next season though, Im pretty certain I wont renew and will be there a whole load less. We have just finalised the purchase of a house abroad that we want to do some work to so I will need to be there for some of that and quite frankly, the thought of being at that house in that climate pretty much dominates my every waking thought!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 3:06 pm 

Pains me to say it, but i've stopped going, went to one game last season at home. Part of the reason is grand kids (and that may be what gets me back into going again). The main reason however is the direction the club have been going for a long time. I'd say since Andy Cullen left there hasn't been any real bridge between the fanbase and the club. Despite the excellent work Dons action have done and to a lesser extent(my opinion) the SA we really should have been moving forward at pace, this hasn't happened and can only be down to the Chairman and his inabiity to manage the club effectively from the top down.

I still suppor the club, I watch the games the majority of games, but as things stand, i'm in no rush to return while we are rudderless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7