THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:02 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I'm trying to remain positive but I am really slipping into quite a negative mindset now.

I believe last season's squad was a squad capable of a mid-table finish. I don't know why it underachieved, but it did and dramatically so. I was initially excited for this season, because it was a refresh and fresh start for everyone. However Alexanders comments today have filled me with dread.

I don't think pre-season results matter too much, but combine his comments today and the results and I really feel we're in for a rough season again.

Is there something still drastically wrong within the club?

Zak Jule's comments when joining Exeter are interesting. He seems to say the players were not at fault of relegation and it was out of their hands.

It's becoming increasingly hard to remain positive. A few weeks ago I was really excited for this season but now I am dreading it. Alexander's comments aren't helping - he sounds frustrated already.

Regarding Jules comments - I thought those where very odd. Obviously things behind the scenes (especially recruitment) went wrong, but the players still had a significant role to play in the relegation. I suppose he can't join Exeter and say 'yeah I wasn't good enough last year but I promise I will be better this season'.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:08 pm 

Will wait to hear the press conference as some of the context is always missed in these articles, but agree with all the comments before. It has been a deeply disappointing pre-season and I'm really not bothered about the season starting which is just an awful feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:18 pm 

Our problems have been very much self-evident from the very first match of last season, after losing to Cambridge and nowhere near enough has been done to address it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:16 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I'm trying to remain positive but I am really slipping into quite a negative mindset now.

I believe last season's squad was a squad capable of a mid-table finish. I don't know why it underachieved, but it did and dramatically so. I was initially excited for this season, because it was a refresh and fresh start for everyone. However Alexanders comments today have filled me with dread.

I don't think pre-season results matter too much, but combine his comments today and the results and I really feel we're in for a rough season again.

Zak Jule's comments when joining Exeter are interesting. He seems to say the players were not at fault of relegation and it was out of their hands.

The home games. I can see now the opposition players loving coming to a nice stadium and the home support start moaning once the first misplaced pass goes astray.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:33 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

The home games. I can see now the opposition players loving coming to a nice stadium and the home support start moaning once the first misplaced pass goes astray.

This has always happened here. There’s frequently a negative atmosphere, at least outside the Cowshed. You can’t just batter people into being positive but I’m also not sure that we get behind the team enough. I’m hoping for a playoff push to maintain the drama these year or even a run in the Pizza Cup; imagine the lift that might bring. Automatic promotion seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:36 pm 

The club need to give us something to get behind, they’ve been relegated, we’ve only sold just over 3000 season tickets and we haven’t signed any attacking players. What is there to be excited about and get behind?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:36 pm 

Looks like the manager is managing expectations (lower). I now predict 5th to 9th. Our pre-season is looking like the weather, damp and dreary. Let's hoping it will brighten up in August.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:41 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I'm not sure that is true. We're actually pretty lenient compared to most clubs. Can you imagine the abuse, chants etc that other clubs would have given their team if in our situation last season?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:42 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
The club need to give us something to get behind, they’ve been relegated, we’ve only sold just over 3000 season tickets and we haven’t signed any attacking players. What is there to be excited about and get behind?

Is 3,000 a guess or is that where we're at? How does that compare to last year?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:43 pm 

My understanding is 3700 sold, which is down a fair bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next